The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Charter Member

Default A recommendation for Pro Audio DVDs

Recently, I acquired a used (but like new) Zoom R-24 multi-track recorder. It was clear to me, reading through the manual that this thing does a lot of stuff and it could get rather confusing. I purchased the Pro Audio DVDs product Zoom R24/R8 DVD Tutorial. I learned a lot of useful information from it about the various features and how to use them in day to day operations. The R24 has both a drum machine and a sampler built in that can do looping much like a looper. The DVD explains all this in detail in the context of actually using it, rather than just "push this button, then this one, ...". Also, during the process of explaining how to do a multi-track recording and demonstrating step by step by actually making a song, David Wills explains in detail about how to set levels and various aspects of the process in the context of demonstrating the process.

Not all of these hardware multi-track recorders have the feature set of the R-24, but even without that stuff, this DVD does a really good job of insuring that you get command of your recorder through the process of showing step by step how to make recordings, along with various bits of knowledge needed to understand what you are doing and why.

I highly recommend this product. There are tutorial DVDs for quite a number of multi-trackrecorder products from Roland, Zoom, Tascam, etc. David also has DVD sets on general aspects of recording that you can see on his site. I don't have these, but would expect the quality of the teaching to be equally as good as what I am seeing on this DVD. Hos products are (in my opinion) very affordable. My DVD only cost $29.95, and is well worth the price. Also, shipping was fast. It only took a couple of days to get it in the mail.

The URL: www.proaudiodvds.com

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 11-13-2015, 01:28 PM

I subscribed online when I got my Tascam DP-24. Worth what I paid for it, and saved me a lot of time trying to figure out the FX routing that was very unclear in the manual.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:40 PM

I am with you on these DVD's, I learned to operate SONAR X1 with them and they helped immensely!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD