The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-15-2009, 08:36 AM

Exclamation

as long as you know that a "parts-caster" will not go up in resale value when compared to an American-made Fender that's completely stock. Heck, even smaller guitar companies' version of the Telecaster doesn't appreciate in value as much...

Having said that, try to play as many "Telecasters" as you can...hooked up to an amp that sounds closest to your personal amp. Maybe you won't need the noiseless or the higher-end pickup. Maybe you won't need the after-market, higher-end hardware. Maybe you don't really need the 4-way switch! I've been a member of that particular Telecaster forum longer than I've been a member of this forum...and believe me, I got swayed into having the 4-way switch installed...and I didn't care for the sound!
Personally, I think you're "half way there" IF you know what YOUR sound your going for, and you can find it in a stock Telecaster or any other "T-style" guitar.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:57 AM

donh,

Wow, that's one outstanding tele!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars