The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-22-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick1ryan View Post
I'm really digging the Play Acoustic but one problem. I cannot find out how to set the HIT button to momentary for harmonize. The Harmony Singer does this beautifully. Please tell me they didn't leave that feature off this newer pedal.
This is definitely a feature of the TC Helicon Play Acoustic. I'm pretty sure the HIT button default setting is for it to turn the harmony off or on. So you may have accidentally changed it. I don't have access to my unit right now, but I think you can assign the HIT button function in the SETUP mode.

I use it during my solo gigs to add harmony to just certain parts of songs. I found it difficult to hit the small button while in the middle of a song, so I added a separate switch pedal to turn the harmony off and on.

Most switch/hit pedals do not work with the Play Acoustic. But after doing research I found out this old Bespeco VM20 ( https://www.google.com/search?q=bespeco+vm20 ) pedal is wired properly to work with it. You can find a used VM20 for cheap (the Boss version of this pedal does not work with the Play Acoustic). Now with a quick stomp I can engage or disengage the harmony while playing. You can assign the HIT function for an external switch pedal in the SETUP menu.
Custom MJ (Cedar & African Blackwood)
Eastman E40 OM
Taylor 816ce Builder's Edition
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Taylor T5 Koa

“The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.” –James Taylor

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification