The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 AM

Default Webber Roundbody reaction engelman & cocobolo

[B]SOLD PENDING PAYMENT & SHIPMENT[/B]

For Sale: Webber Roundbody reaction engelman & cocobolo ..

I bought this short scale Webber Roundbody here on AGF from another forum member just this past May 2015. I believe he was the 2nd owner. Why am I selling? All my other 5 guitars are 2 3/16" string saddle spacing. This Roundbody is a "strong" 2 1/4" string saddle space that actually shades a hair toward 2 5/16". It is just too much of a chore mentally to adjust to almost a full 1/8" extra string spacing at the saddle for fingerstyle, simple as that. Other than that, this guitar is the best Webber of the 5 total that I have owned.

Here is a link to pictures on Photo Bucket .. if the link does not automatically work, don't give up, try copying and pasting it into your browser search bar ..

http://s411.photobucket.com/user/pic...?sort=3&page=1

Asking $1,900 shipped and PayPal'd CONUS. Will consider reasonable offers.

Please email me at [email protected] with questions. I do not visit AGF daily and asking questions within the Forum may mean a delay in my finding your message to me, so it is best to email me privately.

The soundboard for this Roundbody is "Reaction Englemann." David says he prefers it to Adirondack.It comes from trees in harsher, colder climates leading to greater stiffness, akin to Adi but better, according to Webber. Very nice straight grain on the coco too. This wood combination sounds excellent and is visually conservative and appealing.

This guitar is a wonderful all-around guitar. Strums strongly with plenty of headroom yet responsive with the nuance that a light touch with fingerstyle requires. Sound is full and complex without being muddy. It is strung with D'Addario EJ-16s which suit the guitar very well.

The first Webber guitars were built in 1998. After building over 1,100 guitars, David is edging toward retirement and has cut down both his production and dealer list accordingly. This is an excellent time to find your favorite Webber and hold onto it.

David uses the dreaded CNC to do all the boring and tedious parts that gain nothing from being done by hand. This allows him to do the important things by hand, selecting the finest woods, graduating tops and tap tuning to adjust bracing individually for each guitar. His necks are all hand fitted. Using the machinery to do the tedious work allows him to build these very fine guitars at unbelievable prices.

Specs

Model: Roundbody (no cutout)
Serial # 4102510, manufactured 2010
Top: "Reaction" Englemann Spruce ($400 upgrade)
Back & Sides: Cocobolo ($600 upgrade)
Binding: Snakewood
Bracing: Scalloped and Radiused
Rosette: 3 Ring with Snakewood center
Headplate: Striped Ebony
Neck Material : Solid Mahogany Neck Joint (at the body)
Dovetail Neck Finish: Satin
Endgraft: Snakewood
Heelcap: Snakewood Finish: Gloss
Fingerboard: Ebony bound in Snakewood
Fingerboard position markers: Vintage slotted diamonds (Martin-style) in gold MOP (post* production addition)
Number of Frets Clear: 14
Number of Frets Total: 20
Nut & Saddle: Bone
Bridge Pins: Died Bone w/abalone dots (Colosi)
Pickguard: Clear
Tuners: Webber Gotoh 510 (21:1) with black knobs
Electronics: None
Case: TKL Hardshell

Measurements

Nut Width: 1-3/4"
String Spacing (Bridge): strong 2 1/4", shades a hair toward 2 5/16"
Scale Length: 24.9" (short scale)
Upper bout width: 11 1/2"
Lower bout width: 15 1/ 2"
Body depth at neck joint: 3 1/2" Body depth at tail: 4"
Body length: 19 1/ 2"

Last edited by molyneux51; 02-10-2016 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 PM

Smile

Boy oh boy do i miss mine...that Coco is spectacular! Let me sell my Gibson and pray it's still around
Santa Cruz Vintage Southerner
‘96 Gibson J-100
Old 02-10-2016, 01:50 PM

Default Thanks, Tim ..

You are getting one of the very nicest Webbers out there ..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars