The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-05-2017, 06:09 AM

Default NHL - 2017/2018 Season

The NHL 2017/2018 Season kicked off last night. What teams you following this year? Players?

Go Bruins! Go Penguins!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 AM

Hi Dru!

Of course I'm following the Pens and Bruins being an Eastern Conference guy. However, I am a big Connor McDavid fan, and so by default I'm now an Oiler fan until the SCF when they face the Pens.

I like the Bruins chances this year too. Some really good young players like Pastrnak, McAvoy and Carlo look to give the Bruins a shot of adrenaline. If Marchand can behave himself he might just win a scoring title. Of course Bergeron has been one of my favorite players for a long time. He reminds me of two of the best two-way centers I ever saw, Adam Oates and Ron Francis.

Hoping for an exciting and healthy season for all!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Anticipation Junkie

As usual, rooting for my Sens, Dru. Their first game is tonight, sans Karlsson until he's ready from his surgery, which should be soon. My old fav team, the Leafs are looking real good, having beat the Jets last night 7-2. I'm real glad hockey is back!
Old 10-05-2017, 09:32 AM

Talking Aha!

Hmmm....wonder who I'll root for? Maybe a team with a new stadium?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:29 PM

I'm boycotting the NFL and will be an even bigger Backhawks fan this year....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 10-05-2017, 06:36 PM

Hey - great to see my Hockey buddies here again this season
Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
I'm boycotting the NFL and will be an even bigger Backhawks fan this year....

You should be a really happy Hawks fan this morning. Handing the defending Stanley Cup Champion Pens their worst defeat since 1996 is impressive. On the other hand as a Pens fan I'm not feeling so good.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-06-2017, 06:13 AM

I'm not a Toronto fan but I see big things coming there.
The Buffalo Sabers are my go to team and it's time for Eichel to quit telling us how good he is and play the game to his potential.
I will be a Crosby fan forever (I hope) and I look forward to seeing how his game changes as he ages.
Same goes for Chicago Toews and Kane.
The Islanders should be improved with Taveres getting Eberle to play with.

My prediction Toronto Maple Leafs

"Wish I had more time to hear your reasons, but I have to go get a beer." 00-28
Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
You should be a really happy Hawks fan this morning. Handing the defending Stanley Cup Champion Pens their worst defeat since 1996 is impressive. On the other hand as a Pens fan I'm not feeling so good.
I didn't watch the game but it must have been brutal for the Pens. Lots of guys were -5 and -4.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I didn't watch the game but it must have been brutal for the Pens. Lots of guys were -5 and -4.
Brutal- yes. I've been following the Pens since 1969. I haven't ever seen a more lopsided game involving the team, and I've watched some pretty bad Pens teams over the years. I think my wife summed it up pretty well when she said to me after the game: "You know, the score could have been worse than 10 to 1 based on how we played."

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Brutal- yes. I've been following the Pens since 1969. I haven't ever seen a more lopsided game involving the team, and I've watched some pretty bad Pens teams over the years. I think my wife summed it up pretty well when she said to me after the game: "You know, the score could have been worse than 10 to 1 based on how we played."
I'm working in Harrisburg PA this month and was planning on heading to the Pens game tomorrow night (Sat). DC is closer though so I may just head there instead for opening night hosting the Canadiens. I'm a fan of neither team but gotta love the NHL atmosphere in any arena.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I’m watching the Vegas vs Dallas game right now. I didn’t know that Marc-André Fleury was traded to the Golden Knights. As a new expansion team, of course they likely won’t do all that well, but with Fleury in the net, they’ll be interesting to watch. I wish him and the team well!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:16 PM

I've been a Leafs fan since the early 60's. Hoping they can get somewhere this year, ya never know.
It's hard getting my hockey fix here in this west Texas desert though, I need to be back in Canada.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
I've been a Leafs fan since the early 60's. Hoping they can get somewhere this year, ya never know.
It's hard getting my hockey fix here in this west Texas desert though, I need to be back in Canada.
Same here...until three years ago when I was finally emotionally ready to dump the Leafs and cheer for my hometown Ottawa Senators. I still have a soft spot for Toronto and am glad that they appear to be doing the right things, but I just couldn’t put up with their organizational crap anymore.

Now...I live near Ottawa, but winter in SW Florida, so I can attest that you have no excuse to not get your hockey fix. No need to be back in Canada (not that that wouldn’t be a good thing)...but it’s a lot cheaper to just subscribe to NHL Center Ice. That’s what I do in Florida. I love getting hockey while there.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I’m watching the Vegas vs Dallas game right now. I didn’t know that Marc-André Fleury was traded to the Golden Knights. As a new expansion team, of course they likely won’t do all that well, but with Fleury in the net, they’ll be interesting to watch. I wish him and the team well!
Holy smokes! Vegas beat Dallas 2-1 in Dallas in a well-played game. James Neal scored both goals for the Golden Knights, the second one a beauty. Fleury was great, really kept them in there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic