The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Guest 928

Default New Emerald Veneers?

I am not on Facebook so have not seen the alleged new veneers, I've done a search on the Emerald site and only see the old veneers. Any suggestions?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Hi Evan,

Will this link work for you?

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...5137756261647/

Thanks,

Sean
Old 11-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Hi Evan,

Will this link work for you?

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...5137756261647/

Thanks,

Sean
Hi Sean. I’m not on FB and your link won’t let me view without logging in.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Hi Tom,

I tested it there and when the window to sign up pops up, click 'Not Now' at the bottom of that box and it will disappear. Then you should be able to watch it without signing in.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 11-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Sean, what you mention does happen when I visit Emerald’s FB site, where when I click on ‘not now’, the pop-up minimizes at the bottom. However, with the link you provide, there is no ‘not now’ selection presenting for me, only that I must log in to continue. Maybe it’s different for other non-FBers.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Guest 928

What Acousticado says. It seems to me that the new veneers should be featured on the Emerald site like the others reached through the search mechanism.

It also seems to me that the veneers should have a major place on the site and not have to be searched for--after all, the veneers have become a prominent feature in Emerald offerings.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:06 PM

With no Facebook account, I saw exactly the description Sean gave. Worked fine.

I suspect you may be using old versions of your browsers and need to update them. Just get the latest version.

Firefox and Chrome worked fine with Sean's instructions for me. I'm not sure if they still update Internet Explorer or if it's been abandoned, but there are many alternatives like the two I've mentioned that are free downloads.

I've had similar problems in the past using older versions of browsers. Typically, I'd be ordering something and would almost be finished, and maybe the "Order" button simply would not exist, or I couldn't change quantities as there was no place to do it, etc. After several frustrating attempts, I'd finally switch to an entirely different browser and immediately noticed everything looked identical---except the critical buttons appeared or the links I needed finally worked.

Technically, I have no idea why that it is, but as websites change and add complexity, older browsers are hit with code they simply weren't designed to understand. You end up with no choice but to update your browsers or switch to a different one, in the worst case.

The original Netscape may still run on some PCs, but on today's internet, it's pretty useless.

If it still doesn't work (and that's possible), try this link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...817391646&_rdr

It typically works to just take the webpage URL and change the "www" to "m". It bypasses normal facebook and goes into their video area somehow. I use if often, especially if I want to save a video for some reason.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
With no Facebook account, I saw exactly the description Sean gave. Worked fine.

I suspect you may be using old versions of your browsers and need to update them. Just get the latest version.

Firefox and Chrome worked fine with Sean's instructions for me. I'm not sure if they still update Internet Explorer or if it's been abandoned, but there are many alternatives like the two I've mentioned that are free downloads.

I've had similar problems in the past using older versions of browsers. Typically, I'd be ordering something and would almost be finished, and maybe the "Order" button simply would not exist, or I couldn't change quantities as there was no place to do it, etc. After several frustrating attempts, I'd finally switch to an entirely different browser and immediately noticed everything looked identical---except the critical buttons appeared or the links I needed finally worked.

Technically, I have no idea why that it is, but as websites change and add complexity, older browsers are hit with code they simply weren't designed to understand. You end up with no choice but to update your browsers or switch to a different one, in the worst case.

The original Netscape may still run on some PCs, but on today's internet, it's pretty useless.

If it still doesn't work (and that's possible), try this link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...817391646&_rdr

It typically works to just take the webpage URL and change the "www" to "m". It bypasses normal facebook and goes into their video area somehow. I use if often, especially if I want to save a video for some reason.
I use an iPad with Safari that is up to date. That said, I just tried your “m” trick and that worked. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2017, 06:36 PM

I don't have an FB account and the link works fine.

Stunning veneers!! The next batch of Emeralds gonna look pretty insane.

Last edited by pandaroo; 11-06-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Guest 928

Oh Pandaroo! You've hurting me now. Everyone has seen these darned veneers, except me. I'm going to my last hope, Mr. K.

Kramster; Help! You are the guru of video, give me a shot at the new veneers. I'll pay you back with adoration, great respect, and lifelong appreciation(wait a minute, you already have the last one). OK, adoration and respect. If you need more, I might consider throwing in my first born.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Oh Pandaroo! You've hurting me now. Everyone has seen these darned veneers, except me. I'm going to my last hope, Mr. K.

Kramster; Help! You are the guru of video, give me a shot at the new veneers. I'll pay you back with adoration, great respect, and lifelong appreciation(wait a minute, you already have the last one). OK, adoration and respect. If you need more, I might consider throwing in my first born.
Evan, did you try as ac suggested which did work for me. If not, follow the link Sean provided, then overwrite the “www” with just an “m”, then hit enter. It should take you to the video. If it works for you, can I have the adoration, great respect, and lifelong appreciation you were promising Kram?!

I just finished watching. Another great looking batch. What was particularly interesting is the use of the mirror to visualize all the various looks that the top can be given. Really cool!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Guest 928

I went to Chrome and got it! Thank all of you for your help. You all have my respect and admiration (but I'm hanging onto adoration).

Sean; Would you let Alistair know that if he hasn't yet done the veneer on the electric, he could use the Birds eye zebra or the royal ebony--his choice.

The veneer options are stunning. In watching this particular display I found myself wondering how some of the material would work if run horizontal rather than vertical? This would be a totally different look, one perhaps possible with the cf backing.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Emerald veneers? That'll make your grill shine.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I went to Chrome and got it! Thank all of you for your help. You all have my respect and admiration (but I'm hanging onto adoration).

Sean; Would you let Alistair know that if he hasn't yet done the veneer on the electric, he could use the Birds eye zebra or the royal ebony--his choice.

The veneer options are stunning. In watching this particular display I found myself wondering how some of the material would work if run horizontal rather than vertical? This would be a totally different look, one perhaps possible with the cf backing.
Dear Evan,

Your guitar is way past the veneer stage. Our veneers are added during the initial moulding of the instrument. Your custom X7 was at the fretting station the other day, the last time I saw it.

Regarding the matter you raised of making the veneer unveiling videos and veneers themselves available to see on our website - We totally appreciate that not everyone is on Facebook and have had plans to add a veneer section to our website for quite some time.

The veneer sample pages that you found by delving into the ‘dark corners’ of our website (by using the search facility) were the first steps we took to build an actual veneer section - hence the fact that you only find these if you go searching for them.

Your feedback has encouraged to get things moving and make a new veneer section available on our website as soon as possible. As always, thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Seán
Old 11-08-2017, 04:25 AM

I still find it so ironic that a major differentiator with a carbon guitar maker is their use of wood? The unveiling of the veneer packages seem similar to the showing of spectacular woods in the custom area. Their use of veneers does make efficient use of rare wood.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom

Last edited by Doubleneck; 11-08-2017 at 04:33 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber