The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Default Strolling Down the Highway ( Bert Jansch) Lesson

Bert Jansch Fingerstyle classic
There was not a lesson on how to play this on You Tube so I did a quick one this afternoon.
Its a great Tune with lots of fingerstyle mileage, its not a million miles away from Robert Johnsons Love in Vain with the 3rd CHord shape figuring prominently in that tune as well

On the first move in the video I say the bend is to a D its actually to a Csharp to match the Csharp fingered with your pointing finger on the B string second frett.

Strollin down the highway( 10 minute lesson) - YouTube
Strollin down the highway( 10 minute lesson) - YouTube[/url]
Tab Here. Strolling Down The Highway Tab by Bert Jansch @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
Check out Zane Charrons great version here

I learned Needle of Death This afternoon from this Stellar lesson with excellent tab from the anyone can play guitar blog and you tube channel.Its harder than Strollin down the Highway but one will lead to the other being easier to play if you stick at it.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:23 AM

one of my favorite jansch tunes and lots of fun to play.

I did a version with a friend ummm maybe 6-8 years ago. somewhere in there. your thread inspired me to fish this out and share it. it's me on guitar and a friend singing. my version varies from the original but the meat of it is still there I think.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHBone View Post
one of my favorite jansch tunes and lots of fun to play.

I did a version with a friend ummm maybe 6-8 years ago. somewhere in there. your thread inspired me to fish this out and share it. it's me on guitar and a friend singing. my version varies from the original but the meat of it is still there I think.

Sounds Great Jon, Love the singers voice too reminds me of fairground attractions singer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write