The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 AM

Default V neck nylon/classical

Does anyone know of any nylon stringers that have a V profile neck? I don't mean an extreme V shape, but more of a soft V shape - along the lines of the Martin Modified Vintage V, or the Recording King Vintage V shapes... heck, even the soft V found on the Yamaha FG series. I have a work related injury to my fretting hand and pretty much V shaped guitar necks are among the only ones that don't cause me much pain to play. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 AM

I don't know of any, Bryan.

But this might be a good time to put a set of nylon strings on a V-neck steel string acoustic? I once owned an Ovation Applause to which I fitted a set of La Bella HT strings (you can tie on nylon strings to an Ovation-type bridge the same as a classical). But you can use ball-end nylons on any acoustic.

It works fine and sounds good.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Thanks Garthman, I have thought about that. Perhaps with a smaller bodied acoustic with V neck, this might work ok. The smaller tops need less to move them. I know Recording King has some small bodies with 1 13/16" nut widths that may work ok...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical