The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Just wanted to talk to someone about my Strawberry Blonde II

Yeah, nothing big. Just, if I were sitting in a room with a bunch of fellow musicians and gear junkies like myself, I'd want to talk about my amp this week. So, here goes... At our church we have two services on Sunday mornings. So this week I did a little comparison between the two services with some of my gear to see what would sound best for the room etc...

For the first service I played through my Yamaha AG Stomp through my LR Baggs PADI direct to the board, with my SWR Strawberry Blonde on stage for monitoring purposes. Then for the second service I packed away the AG Stomp and PADI, and simply played through the Strawberry Blonde, and ran from its DI out to the board.

I talked to the sound guy and a few others, including fellow musicians, and the SWR got better reviews! They said it was crisp and clear and full, with nice punch to cut through the band. Whereas the other setup, while sounding nice and maybe a bit warmer, actually sounded a little brittle with the strumming. Very interesting. Of course, I didn't tweak through different settings or eqs... and it was only with one guitar (Guild JF30 with Fishman matrix infinity). I really like the sound of that amp, and this way, it makes for a simpler set up - bonus!

I think I may now bring in my nanoverb to run through it's effect loop and see how it sounds in there.
Takamine Santa Fe
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Parlor
Simon and Patrick Showcase rosewood (with LR Baggs Anthem SL)
Ovation Celebrity Limited Edition CP2001

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification