The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM

There is a fancy bit called a 1/2 inch step bit I believe. I have one and have successfully drilled many end pin holes. Like it was mentioned, a luthier will drill that and a strap button as well. It will not lower the value of your guitar, it will add usefulness.

Now I will put a plug in for my favorite guitar pickup. If you want it to sound like your guitar with no piezo quack what so ever look into Dazzo Pickups. They are handmade by Teddy Randazzo, the inventor, and sold for $215. Plugged into a Red Eye preamp, it sounds wonderful. Frankly, there are a lot of systems that will give you acceptable results and there is a bit of a process to get everything working together well. I can’t say I tried them all but it sure feels that way. It’s kind of a hobby of mine really. Since I found Dazzos, any guitar playing friend of mine has wanted me to put one in their guitar. I have stopped trying anything else.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification