The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 PM

Default Has Anyone Disassembled A Fishman Loudbox ?

I bought a floor model Fishman Loudbox Performer. The tolex was trashed and it is very thin not like normal tolex. Fishman generously offered to replace the box for $50. The only problem is that round trip shipping will be $100 and I’ll still have the thin easily damaged tolex. I could recover the amp for less than $50 with high quality brown tolex. The only problem is that disassembly is not obvious. Does anyone know how to disassemble the chassis ?
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

Last edited by BT55; 01-30-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
I bought a floor model Fishman Loudbox Performer. The tolex was trashed and it is very thin not like normal tolex. Fishman generously offered to replace the box for $50. The only problem is that round trip shipping will be $100 and I’ll still have the thin easily damaged tolex. I could recover the amp for less than $50 with high quality brown tolex. The only problem is that disassembly is not obvious. Does anyone know how to disassemble the chassis ?
* I've taken them apart, replaced speakers, etc...I'm a working musician and a featured artist for the Performer at Pacific Guitar Sales and have had several dealings with Frank and Derek at Fishman.

** You need a Torx bit/wrench to loosen the corner frame pieces and depending on if you just want the speaker panel off, and/or removing the top amp portion, there are two additional Torx screws on the top center sides as well. It is a tight fit, but easy to do.

eric
Old 01-31-2018, 07:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
The Fishman Loudbox Performer is made with a complete box that does not come apart. The amp section slides out after the proper fasteners are removed. You would have to take off the grill first to remove the speakers so that the speakers can be disconnected.

HE
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM

User dchristo posted pics in this thread ... http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...efinish&page=2 ... but because the pics were on photo bucket the links don't work. Perhaps you could ask him about it privately. His amps looked GREAT.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification