The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Default heil pr 35

purchased a heil pr 35 mic. have read a lot of good reviews on it. i do a single acoustic act with an aer 60/3, baggs venue, lined out to a QSC 10. hoping the heil improves the set up.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:26 PM

Curious to hear your thoughts on it. For reference, can you tell us:

- What mic you used prior?
- What type of voice you have (baritone, tenor, etc...)?
- Any comparisons to other vocalists?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 AM

Sounds like a great set up bobby. I use to have a PR35 but sadly. I droped it .it stopped working. At the moment I recently brought a Senhiesser e 935. I love it.
How does the venue DI compare with the Para DI. I am not sure weather to go for the session DI or Venue. I already have the Para.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:27 AM
Charter Member

received the heil pr 35 yesterday and am very pleased. i was using an akg 870 which worked pretty good for me . the heil is hotter, clearer, and fuller. suits my voice really well. i didn'yt have any trouble adapting to it. definitely don't have to eat it, but if you like to sing right on the mic just turn your volume down a bit. really like this mic. like anything, you don't notice the difference until you try something else.

i listened to the keyboard player in our band use it and he usually uses an sm 58. 3 others were listening and noticed the clearer, fuller sound immediately. would recommend this mic to anyone looking to inhance their vocals. hear yourself better therefore you cansing better in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

only drawback i have encountered with the heil is its so sensitive you really have to watch popping ypur P's, S's and your breathing. this mic picks up everything and is very clear. problem solved by putting the wind screen on which comes with the mic.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 AM

I'm really happy with my PR35 too and bobby get pretty much nailed my thoughts on it as well. "Hotter, fuller and clearer" are three good descriptions from the SM58 I came from. The filter switch on it is pretty handy too.

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification