The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pennant View Post
I missed the date stamp on the OP. This thread seems then to have been resurrected as a bait and switch.
I have no problem with Mr. Keeler trying to sell his product, but I'm not sure this is the best way to promote it....

Louis
Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I have no problem with Mr. Keeler trying to sell his product, but I'm not sure this is the best way to promote it....

Louis
My sentiments exactly.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 08-29-2015, 02:05 PM

Shure used to make the half-space rack unit dfr11, but now only makes the dfr22. It is a configurable unit, but something best used in conjunction with a laptop. In use, one simply plugs it in as an insert on the channel and one brings up the gain on the headamp slowly. As the system detects feedback, it builds micro parametric filters, pulling out only what is necessary. As the gain is raised, it builds another filter and so on. It pull out very little, giving the user greater gain before feedback. One can set multiple scenes for each instrument you use. My understanding is that Jackson Browne, because he uses so many instruments on stage, does his soundcheck with either this unit or similar, building scenes for each instrument. It's a cool unit, but not really user friendly for the single musician without a sound team.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification