The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Default shout out to great service from (Depaule) Luthier Supply

I bought a supply of paua abalone shell strips for purfling inlay work from (Depaule) Luthier Supply.

I had an issue with my purchase and sent an email explaining my issue.

I got a reply soon-after they opened the next morning with a complete promise to correct the issue. Then I got a follow-up email with an even better offer to compensate me for any inconvenience. I was given a name and phone number and asked to call.

I called and spoke to Buddy, who had given me his own cell phone number and I was talking to him in his home - he was taking time while his kids were coming home to talk to me. He was incredibly supportive and committed to customer satisfaction, very personal and completely convinced me that he operates on a true basis of customer satisfaction.

I am a senior leader of a manufacturing company whose entire culture is based upon this culture. It's an odd thing in this day and age and we talk about trying to drive that culture all the time: not a lot of companies really "get it". I work next to my colleague who is a consulting executive leadership coach with Cornell School of Business and we discuss these things all the time. Buddy was doing everything we try to coach.

The phrase we use is "putting bread on the table" so it was very powerful to me to hear Buddy explain that he "gets it" and he knows that customer satisfaction is the reason he feeds his kids.

I was highly impressed with how genuine Buddy and how he wasn't just spouting slogans but truly exhibiting (and doing everything) to provide customer satisfaction. He has a vested interest and truly cares about his customers, and he knows that is what will define the success of his business.

How many times have you ordered something online and had a problem, even if minor?

But how many times has the leader of that company given you their cell phone, talked to you from their living room and made you walk away thinking "wow! that was great service".

So as a customer, I went from being disappointed to totally blown away with the satisfaction of fantastic service.

As a business leader who coaches and drives this very topic daily, I can say that Buddy is doing everything right.

I just wanted to share that. If you ever decide to buy such materials and wondering where to get them, I can recommend Buddy's business with the highest confidence. Just a great guy. And it's so refreshing to get great service like that.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 02-08-2018, 11:17 PM

That's a great story. Hope they prosper for many years.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Business is easy when things are going right; the measure of a business is how they handle it when something goes wrong.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:39 AM

Yup Depaule is great. They were late on one of the items I purchased last time and offered me a 10% discount on my next order. I didn't expect that at all, it was late simply because the stuff was not made yet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair