The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-08-2018, 02:42 PM

Default Alix for mandolin

Hi Folks,
Just joined this forum,as I just got the alix a couple of days ago.
I haven't found any vids on setting up a mando with the alix,as most of the sound equipment and effects manufacturers don't produce gear that is designed for just mandolins lol,that being said the ALIX that I just hooked up today sounds really good once you do internal jump setting, correct side dip selection and of course all those eq knobs that require a nice friend to sit and run thru them for you as you do chops, tremelos,and solo stuff-lol. Pretty much each mandolin is way different from one another so settings on the top will vary a lot. I also have found that my mandolin sounds better with a xlr out(from the alix) to my digital mixer than thru my acoustic amp but my J-45 sounds better thru the amp. Playing a Gibson F-5 with a K&K and Iam real pleased with the sound,now to figure out how to best position it on my pedal board either in front or at the end not sure right now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification