The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-01-2015, 12:31 AM

Hi Doug,

what do you mean by "awkward ergonomics"? Setting up the rig or when you are playing? I really have no problem when playing with the 4099. You have to cut the clamp a bit so that it does not protude too much over the guitars body. But I think then itīs quite okay...

Christoph
Old 09-01-2015, 02:11 AM

Maybe some time I will try the DPA4061 but right now I do not want to spend the money. You are lucky to have it bought for 50 dollars but I think this is a rare circumstance...
Old 09-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schau_ins_Regal View Post
Hi Doug,

what do you mean by "awkward ergonomics"? Setting up the rig or when you are playing? I really have no problem when playing with the 4099. You have to cut the clamp a bit so that it does not protude too much over the guitars body. But I think then itīs quite okay...

Christoph
Just the same as you pointed out, I think. That fine wire running across the guitar is just awkward in many ways.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schau_ins_Regal View Post
Maybe some time I will try the DPA4061 but right now I do not want to spend the money. You are lucky to have it bought for 50 dollars but I think this is a rare circumstance...
it's pretty easy. I just have a watch on them on ebay. I've bought maybe a dozen over the years. I know someone who just bought 2 for $125. I've paid as much as $125 each, but if it's more than that, I'll just wait for the next one. They come up all the time. Many times people sell them as "broken", meaning the microdot or LEMO connector is broken. I don't care about that, I'll cut it off and solder it in anyway, so you get them cheap.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Okay, will try to get one on ebay. But I donīt know if they sell at these prices in EU.

In the meantime I rearranged the cable of the Sunrise a little so that I can store the plugs right besides the DPA at the neck heel. I think I can live with that for now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification