The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-24-2015, 04:52 PM

We're losing sight of our #1 rule.

I've never seen a Taylor go around here for anywhere close to $14K. I bought a braz Taylor here last year for well under 1/4 of that, but one never knows.

I'd personally never spend that much on any guitar, so I'm not entitled to see his guitar and I'm OK with that.

His ad isn't here to entertain us, on the other hand the replies here were good natured advise. If you post for sale on the AGF, even the most modestly priced guitar, photos are going to create far more attention and interest than a mere description. The higher the price, it seems the more professional the photos.

I say let's give the OP a break since he's new here.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennace View Post
Is this something you are interested in and can afford?
I can afford it. However, a good couple of pics might actually get my interest up. Good luck with the sale.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Chas View Post
We're losing sight of our #1 rule.

I've never seen a Taylor go around here for anywhere close to $14K. I bought a braz Taylor here last year for well under 1/4 of that, but one never knows.

I'd personally never spend that much on any guitar, so I'm not entitled to see his guitar and I'm OK with that.

His ad isn't here to entertain us, on the other hand the replies here were good natured advise. If you post for sale on the AGF, even the most modestly priced guitar, photos are going to create far more attention and interest than a mere description. The higher the price, it seems the more professional the photos.

I say let's give the OP a break since he's new here.
+1 to all of this....

......Except the last sentence given he's been a member since 2010. Anything in this price range necessitates photos, period. There is no excuse in this day and age. And by the OP's own admission, he gets "tons of e mails of people just wanting pics but can not afford it", so it's a no-brainer to post photos here to eliminate the need to respond via email to the proverbial tire-kickers.

To the OP, GLWS or most likely, good luck with the charity auction, which will yield considerably less.

And yes, I could afford it if I reallly wanted it, but your attitude towards others who have offered helpful suggestions means it wouldn't be worth anywhere close to this price.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:26 AM

Default That's it

That's the guitar
1966 fender jazz bass
2006 gibson 350
1996 les paul junior
1969 guild d40

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
armrest. guitar, brazilian, brazillian rosewood, taylor