The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Wooly,

I could not find a local teaching environment I felt comfortable with so I took the route of Skype lessons with a very, very good fingerstyle teacher and I'm happy with the results. They (Skype instructors) are out there so keep that in the back of your pocket if local lessons do not work out for you. I think your approach is "sound" and will have good results.

Best again on your journey.
I would consider that route also.

I should point out that I play solo fingerstyle. I have been playing a very long time. Electric lead guitar in various bands over the years. (had a drummer to rely on). It's just in the last few years that I have taken up solo fingerstyle on my own. I hope to become better and do a solo act down the road.

I don't think I have a problem with timing. It's just that it doesn't flow like it should. Little stumbles here and there and keeping a constant speed is my problem. Not smooth and clean.
Alvarez AF60SHB
Seagull Concert Hall Mahogany
Harmony H1215. 1953
An 80 year old Kay (approx)
Epiphone ES-339
Epiphone Les Paul 50's Standard
3 home built Strat's
Old 02-16-2017, 05:23 PM

^ The techno club Wooly. The cluuuuuub.... You can do it! Get on in there : ) I am totally serious about this. If not techno, then D&B or breaks or grime or dancehall or ragga or even R&B, anything that revolves around rhythm as opposed to melody.

And yes, go alone. You are there to dance to the music, not to dance with friends. It will be fun, I promise!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write