The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-31-2015, 11:04 PM

Default Interface questions Apogee one, others for recording and live use

Hi I'm in a position to buy an Apogee one but it sure it's the right move for me.

Here's what I want.
For use to record AV with on my iPhone 6+ while using the onboard camera (possibly running through my Acoustic play for vocal effects plus my guitar requires extensive EQ etc ) this would be for one take you tube videos or the like.

Use as a basic substitute for my Acoustic Play. Meaning; EQ guitar and add vocal reverb maybe a little delay and plug into my powered speaker directly for live use. I was thinking the Apogee One can do this plus it has built in mic, but now I'm not sure it would work in a live setting the way I hoped. This would make a good back up or a more compact set up for small gigs.

Make studio style sound recordings directly onto my iPhone 6+. This would be for sound cloud or to make demos.

I definitely do NOT want to use a laptop or desktop to record audio. Nor do I want to record Audio and visual separately for video.

I do want to record, add effects etc as well as use in a live setting. So needs basic effects vocals and good EQ for guitar to run simultaneous with low latency for live gigging.

The opening to purchase something is short so I need to make a decision soon.
I can get the Apogee One for $419 AUD right now which is about as good as I've ever found it new. So that is about the top of my budget less would be better if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2016, 02:24 AM

I have one and think it's a nice interface, though I have nothing to compare it against. I use it with my iPad running Auria (a DAW).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification