The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 02:59 PM

Default Larry Coryell's Guitar

Does anyone know the make of guitar Larry Coryell uses on his groundbreaking acoustic album ”Two for the Road”? I’m pretty sure the guitar in question is ‘wood on wood’; definitely before his Ovation phase. I’m guessing it might be a LoPrinzi [sp]. This recording is what convinced me to pick up the acoustic guitar in 1978, a year after Two… came out.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

There is a photo of him playing a Corrado Giacomel guitar on line. I wonder if this is the one you're after. Giacomel also makes mandolin family instruments in Genoa Italy.

Last edited by drive-south; 02-16-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:29 PM

I can't say what he was playing at that time, but he was playing a custom Martin when I saw him last. He was a great guy as well as a guitar player!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0470.jpg (42.7 KB, 58 views)
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS

Last edited by vindibona1; 02-16-2018 at 09:35 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion