The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-05-2017, 12:09 PM

Default Alhambra 7P or Cordoba C10 owners help me

I'm going to purchase an brand-new (not used) guitar and thinking between Alhambra 7P or Cordoba C10. Thay have a very similar price, body dimensions and type of wood materials of two are almost the same, so thay are a very comparable but unfortunately i can't hold and test any of this guitars so any information will be helpful. I'm looking for rich consistent sound and well balanced tone, also very important thing i want to know is that if strings are touching the neck (mostly first and last strings) see the picture
if it touches i dont want to purchase such guitar especially at this price range.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Not sure I understand your problem. I owned a Cordoba C-10 Crossover for awhile and while I couldn't bond with it, it was a wonderful instrument. I still own a Cordoba GK Studio which is a lower priced instrument (around $600 USD) and the quality is impeccable and, no, the strings do not touch the neck in the area you pointed out, although, I probably wouldn't notice it (without looking) if they did.

Not familiar with Alhambra
Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM

String's didn't touch in that area of the neck of my C10 crossover.

I too couldn't bond with it. I upgraded to the GK Pro... and just bought a Solista

while I've played some Alhambra guitars, I never noticed the area in question/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post
Not sure I understand your problem. I owned a Cordoba C-10 Crossover for awhile and while I couldn't bond with it, it was a wonderful instrument. I still own a Cordoba GK Studio which is a lower priced instrument (around $600 USD) and the quality is impeccable and, no, the strings do not touch the neck in the area you pointed out, although, I probably wouldn't notice it (without looking) if they did.

2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 07-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post

Knowing that strings are not touching the neck is a very necessary info for me, i'm going to purchase it from the internet so i don't want to discover some unexpected surprises, thanks for that.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

Looks like this thread should be in the "Classical" forum rather than "Acoustic Amplification." Perhaps a moderator will move it, hopefully getting Bega more responses.
=Bob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification