The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Default Barbera Soloist Pickup - any new reports?

I'm very interested in the Barbera Soloist since hearing Pierre Bensusan's demo and footage from recent live shows. I dug back and found a few postings about these, but not as many as expected. If anyone has taken the plunge and would care to share their experience, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. Being in Canada, the landed cost to me would be over $500 smackers so I'm feeling a bit hesitant However, if I can get my trusty Lowden O-10 close to the sound Pierre is getting I would be delighted.

PS does anyone happen to know if Pierre is using the Soloist in his original Old Lady? There is recent concert footage of him gigging with her, and the sound is also excellent. The saddle looks white and it seems the Soloist saddles are dark, so it made me wonder.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:43 AM

Sent you a PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1591 View Post
Sent you a PM.
Ryan, resent message a couple of times. Not sure the PM system is working correctly … or maybe it's me. At any rate, feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I'll respond to you via email.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification