The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-24-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Acuff View Post
Following up as promised with first impressions of my new DB Technologies FM8 powered floor monitor. This afternoon I set up my small PA (HK Audio Nano 608i) here in the music room and gave the FM8 a thorough testing. It's a keeper!

I only gig occasionally these days due to old age and laziness but I've played a zillion beer and coffee joints in my life. I know what equipment goes through. The FM8 is built to hold up to rough use. It's solid without being too big or too heavy. It's geezer safe LOL

The FM8 is small enough to sit between the feet of a folding mic stand. It plays plenty loud, the vocal and acoustic guitar sound clear and natural. AND it comes with a nice extra long power cord

I'd recommend it to a friend. Thanks you guys for telling me to check out the FM8!
Great news! Enjoy it!

Louis
Old 09-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Thumbs up My Personal Monitor/Acoustic Guitar Amp/Portable P.A.

Hello Al Acuff :

I solo and also play with others . As a busking P.A. amp , it's powerful with :
  1. 150 watts stereo RMS , as a monitor it's tops too .
  2. THD .05
  3. 2X XLR/TRS
  4. Stereo Aux in or Wifi control that control FX which are really good
  5. Feed back suppression built in
  6. Can be totally self powered for outdoor gigs with AC power issues

Reminds me of the cartoon character Sloth from IceAge

These are powerful units with quality sound , the looks of a [ BOOMBOX ] as some call it do not bother me .

It looks modern and it's light weight too with one heck of a punch . Stacks up easily with any quality acoustic guitar amp with similar power too .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 09-25-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Acuff View Post
Following up as promised with first impressions of my new DB Technologies FM8 powered floor monitor. This afternoon I set up my small PA (HK Audio Nano 608i) here in the music room and gave the FM8 a thorough testing. It's a keeper!

I only gig occasionally these days due to old age and laziness but I've played a zillion beer and coffee joints in my life. I know what equipment goes through. The FM8 is built to hold up to rough use. It's solid without being too big or too heavy. It's geezer safe LOL

The FM8 is small enough to sit between the feet of a folding mic stand. It plays plenty loud. The vocal and acoustic guitar sound clear and natural. AND it comes with a nice extra long power cord. How come I never heard of this company before? They make great stuff.

I'd recommend the FM8 to a friend. Thanks you guys for telling me to check it out!
Glad you like it, we've had ours about 18 months now and couldn't be happier.
I didn't get the recommendation for it from here, (but i didn't ask) I stumbled across it almost by accident online and then found my local store stocked it but i'm glad I found it, i'm always happy to pass on the recommendation for it.

Recommendations like that are why I love this place. Mostly you'll get the same suggestions because not everyone has a chance to use every product out there but it means anything that is recommended is usually decent.
That then applies to products on the less well known end too, the people here usually know what they are talking about so if a product is recommended it generally has good reasons to be.

David

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification