The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-11-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Welcome to AA, also known as the Anxiously Awaiting program... "Hi, my name is Methos and I have six weeks to go..."

Congrats on joining our little group!!
Thanks, don't want to hi jack this thread . But I really HAVE just placed an order. So I'll show n tell in due course ....
Old 09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Thanks, don't want to hi jack this thread . But I really HAVE just placed an order. So I'll show n tell in due course ....
This, from the guy who cried "Wolf!" a time or twelve?? We're going to need to see a receipt and tracking number. Alongside a newspaper with today's date.

In order for any of us to take you and mot seriously, we're going to need notarized copies of any guitar activity. Yes, including written practice reports.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
.....But I really HAVE just placed an order. So I'll show n tell in due course ....
If there were EVER a case of "pics or it didn't happen" it would apply to you, Long Jon. IOW, we'll believe it when we SEE it.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Oh ye of little faith !
As if I'd HiJack an important zipper malfunction thread (apologies again Tom) , just to try an kid you guys about a serious business like getting another guitar.

Below is just a teaser excerpt from an exchange of mails I had with Sean this very afternoon.
I KNOW I could have faked this, I could fake a love letter from Beyoncé to me as well, but apart from the sadness, that would be going too far, using somebody else's name in vain and so on,,,, possibly even illegal for all I know.

Unlike SOME people I won't try n stretch the suspense out for too long (I'm looking at YOU JimmyKoh and YOU Tom B'Sox who've apparently ordered a guitar in the colour of magic or something ) ...

I'm not giving too much away yet, but it IS going to be a customised Emerald guitar.

If Sean happens to see this perhaps he'll back me up.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Alistair Hay <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Jon,

Thank you so much for your assistance and understanding. I will be in touch with you the week of shipping!

Kind Regards and speak to you shortly.

Sean
Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM

Focus people! I think I will likely first try Earl's idea. It has the appropriate level of simplicity and fits my lazy motif. Now I just need to get someone to send me a key ring (preferably with Tesla keys, Tesla and title attached) so I can try to recover from this tragedy. Who's volunteering to set up the go fund me? Don't all jump at once.

(OK, you can go back to highjacking this ever so important thread now)

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 09-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Focus people! I think I will likely first try Earl's idea. It has the appropriate level of simplicity and fits my lazy motif. Now I just need to get someone to send me a key ring (preferably with Tesla keys, Tesla and title attached) so I can try to recover from this tragedy. Who's volunteering to set up the go fund me? Don't all jump at once.

(OK, you can go back to highjacking this ever so important thread now)
Although I'm normally so cool I make Steve McQueen look highly excitable (..ahem,,)

I couldn't help becoming a little emotional and celebrated with a wee whisky after finally taking the Emerald plunge yesterday and just happened to be looking at your thread around the same time...

Apologies again Tom, yes Earl's key ring idea is the zipper fixin' winner IMO also.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Lots of solutions on Amazon. Like these: https://www.amazon.com/Zapour-Pieces...er+pull+repair
Old 09-14-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Unlike SOME people I won't try n stretch the suspense out for too long (I'm looking at YOU JimmyKoh and YOU Tom B'Sox who've apparently ordered a guitar in the colour of magic or something ) ...

I'm not giving too much away yet, but it IS going to be a customised Emerald guitar.

If Sean happens to see this perhaps he'll back me up. [/I]
Eagerly awaiting your new development thread, JON. But I got a feeling that it's gonna be LONG from now. C'mon - at least shed some light on your chosen model. From the way you sounded, it seems like something groundbreaking. A triple neck???
Old 09-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Guest 928

Along with all the other sorts of verification, I think Jon should be giving us a letter from his mom. And maybe a notarized receipt?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
A a wee whisky
Better be Irish there I be saying' now Lad.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber