The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-03-2017, 01:30 PM

Although it seems like forever, it came today instead of tomorrow because my postman was on the lookout for it (great guy)and brought it straight to me. I'm quite used to having guitars in hard-shell cases sent to me but this was a first, having a non-domestic guitar shipped to me with only a gig bag and some cardboard to protect it. It all turned out great, though. First of all, it's about 3 weeks earlier than what I'd accepted as the wait period when I ordered it so "hats off" to all at Emerald.

First impressions. I'm so glad I went with the green! Besides just yelling, THE EMERALD ISLE, it simply looks beautiful. The "custom" option of having the nut made at 1-7/8" and spacing at the bridge at 2-5/16" is working great and transitioning back and forth with my Taylor made to the same spec's is incredibly easy and natural. Emerald's neck profile strikes me as being very similar to a Taylor's. The fretboard seems a little flatter on the Emerald, maybe. I was never crazy about the aesthetics of the headstock from the photo's I'd seen but in "real life" I like it since it's smaller than what I'd imagined. How's it sound? VERY nice! It's too new at this point and I'm comparing it to my Taylor GS with medium strings. Thanks to all of you on this forum that gave me the confidence that this unheard, untried guitar was a very good value. I'm as picky as they come and I think Emerald is making a flawless guitar.

Last edited by seamusknives; 08-04-2017 at 04:29 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 08-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Haha! So nice, you posted twice.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:46 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber