The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
....and the D-18 is the best until you play a D-18GE, and then until you play a D-18 Authentic, and so it goes.............

IMHO there is no best, just choices, and we all have different preferences.

I have what I call my "keeper" list, but no guitar is exempt if I find a better comparable instrument (same size/wood combinations), that blows me away, but my keepers have survived numerous A/B's, Martins and Collings/Bourgeois/Santa Cruz, that's how they became "keepers".

I am open to finding better, they have all lasted years now, not missing anything I'm looking for at all, but I personally never say never.

There is no "The One" to me, and every guitar I own is a different wood combination (mostly Martin OMs), variety of voicings.

I'd like a dollar for every "I found the one" post guitar that shows up in the classifieds down the road, enjoy the journey more than the instruments....

Wow that is actually how I feel as well! Nothing is really safe around me and is always for sale for the next best thing. Good way to put it!
Old 09-19-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Although you have fallen in love with your D18, try to avoid the temptation to get rid of the Taylor for a while longer. I say this because these two guitars are so different and you are still "honeymooning" with the Martin.
Although you may end up being perfectly happy with your new number one, sooner or later, you will grab that 814 and start playing and be wowed again by what it is.
Nothin' wrong with letting it sit for awhile unless you really need the cash.
I agree with this post.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:05 PM

So I played the Taylor tonight and tried to put aside the gushing towards the D-18. Man, I love them both. Now I have an OM-28 on the way and am gonna have to keep all 3
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
So I played the Taylor tonight and tried to put aside the gushing towards the D-18. Man, I love them both. Now I have an OM-28 on the way and am gonna have to keep all 3

Now yer talkin'!!

madhat.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Great idea! I need to try that...
Old 09-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you can, just keep all three. Better not to have any regrets.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion