The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM

Exclamation ¡ ¿ Whaw Whaw On Acoustic ¡ ¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingeryoga View Post

I use wah , tremolo , reverb , compression , delay . Effects inspire me to create more

Hello fingeryoga :

Rodrigo & Gabriela use that FX and a whole lotta of others on their acoustic nylons , they rip it up
something serious .

Funny , think about their rise to success , they are both from one of the world's greatest metropolis
and didn't find big time success . They had to travel outside of their homeland and began to make a
name first in Dublin Ireland .

At home , the place in north America when the acoustic guitar is king they were met with less than a
positive acceptance from their homebased guitar community .

It's cool to have likes and dislikes on this subject I'm not knocking anyone's point of view , acoustic guitarists
like Gabriela & Rodrigo , Tonne Estas and the like of modern 21st. century acoustic nylon guitar musicians are
laughing all the way to the bank at their former detractors with their world wide acceptance of FX on
acoustic nylon guitars and the $'s they're raking in .

I'm experimenting with whaw whaw and other FX on my 000 acoustic nylon , resonator steel string 000 ,
D46SCE Washburn dread , Kamaka soprano ukulele with my T.C. Helicon VL3X , it's fun .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 09-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Acoustic Effects

I run some compression, use some modulation and shimmer effects from an RV-6, an MXR micro amp for a boost to signal, but the cream is a Pigtronics Rototron pedal I recently purchased. After discovering Hotel California was played on a 12 string and ran through a Leslie speaker I just had to try one. I love it! Has both fast and slow speeds, depth, ramp between them. I lay down melody loops in a slow speed and pick lead over them in a fast speed. Very cool pedal!
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification