The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-04-2016, 09:20 PM

Default The Christmas Song. Fingerstyle arrangement by Ulli

Several years ago I travelled to Germany to take a seminar with Ulli Boergershausen. He was one of the players that got me interested in playing acoustic guitar, prior to that I had been mainly an electric player. Since then we have maintained a friendly relationship and a couple years ago I talked him into helping me with an arrangement for my favorite Christmas song 'The Christmas Song' by Mel Torme. This posed a few interesting issues. First he was not familiar with it. Funny how such a staple of my Christmas' past does not translate to Germany. Well this year he reworked it slightly and included it in one of his videos so it got me going over it again. I too decided to re-work it. Here it is.
(needs a bit of polishing around some rough spots but if I wait to get it perfect it will be next Christmas)

Last edited by al_az; 12-05-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Charter Member

Wonderful. Thanks for posting
Old 12-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Guest 33123

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell