The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-04-2016, 01:09 PM

Default Snapz 2.0 Mini-Review

Ok...Somehow I got lucky and was sent this free of charge Wow I never win anything...
I received it a week or so ago but was waiting on my string order so I could use it...
So yesterday I restrung two guitars that I have for sale and I'll tell you this little gadget works perfectly!!
It "Snapz" over the bridge pin...make sure the string is in the split part so that it fully snapz down, slide down the locker collar and pull half the time just sliding down the collar popped the pin out.
This is a no brainer, I hate to even mention how I got the pins out before(Included a 90 degree bent needle nose pliers) and the nicks I did to some bridges..."Hey I'm a nuts and bolts guy not a wood worker"
This will always be in the guitar box that holds the string tuner winder and other stuff that makes things easier
Old 12-04-2016, 05:27 PM

I have to admit that I've gotten both my 1.0 and my 2.0 gifted to me.
The 2.0 has already made it into the case for my 12-string.
It is the first pin puller that fits the pins on my 12-string.
And like the 1.0, which I used today on a six string to perform a saddle change, it is dead simple and works extremely well.
If I go crazy and buy more 12-strings, I'm gonna need one for EACH case.
Makes a job I don't like much more pleasant.

Alvarez 5013
Alvarez MD70CE
Alvarez PD85S
Alvarez AJ60SC
Alvarez ABT610e
Alvarez-Yairi GY1
Takamine P3DC
Takamine GJ72CE-12-NAT
Godin Multiac Steel.
Journey Instruments OF660
Gibson G45
Old 12-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Hey....

I'm going to have to pile on here!

Seems that I also almost never win anything and I was one of the lucky few to receive the Snapz 2.0 product. This product is amazingly simple and engineered very well, and does what it is supposed to do extremely well. Get those various metal pieces like needle nose pliers excetera away from your beautiful instrument!

This is one of those little gadgets that you never even knew that you needed.... until you try it and then you're able to appreciate the true genius of this little thing.

Seriously ....there was a thread about what guitar manufacturers should be including with every new instrument.... this is one of those things.

Big Rock manufacturering....huge thx! I will definitely spread the word on this little product!

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 08:16 PM

I was another Snapz 2.0 winner.
There should be one in every single guitar case of every single guitar with bridge pins.
It's that simple.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 12-04-2016, 08:50 PM

I had to buy one, think I got the 2.0 version (was just a few months ago), and it is one of the handiest pieces of guitar kit I've ever owned.

I've tried many methods of getting pins out, from using pliers, wrapped in paper towels or whatever (still mark up the pins sometimes), the BS ones on those basic string winders (that pry the pin out by wedging against the bridge top), the pin puller on a Planet Waves combination cutter winder (slips over the top of the pin and pulls from the top, but still has the chance of marring the bridge top), to reaching inside the body through the soundhole and pushing from the inside, using anything hard to save the sensitive fingers- spoon, Bic lighter, etc.), and the Snapz puller makes it, well, a snap.

Didn't realize there was a certain way to snap the ring down, just figured it only worked one way.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

I bought mine and glad I did. What an amazing tool. I will be getting one for each of my guitar cases and for a couple friends Christmas gifts.

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin
Old 12-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Want to thank you guys for the kind words. Its really nice to see that your work is appreciated. One of you mentioned the alignment of the split, turning it to where the string separates the two legs, and allows the collar to slide completely down. This is easy to do if you line up the "T" handle parallel with the pins. Good call, ive been meaning to say something about that on our page.Thanks again to all of you!AC
Old 12-05-2016, 01:04 AM
Charter Member

The Snapz pin pullers are handy, simple to use, and work very well. I became a fan after I bought an original. Later, I won a 2.0 here. I like the 2.0 even better even though I don't have a 12-string, it feels a little more ergonomic.

Even with properly reamed holes, pins can get a little snug. The Snapz gets them out in about a half a second. Before I had the holes reamed on my Takamine, the pins could get wedged pretty tightly. The Snapz would pull them right out.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 AM

What's the difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 versions?

Some wonderful guitars
Old 12-05-2016, 06:02 PM

The 2.0 is longer, and the slide collar is thinner, so that it slips between the closer spaced strings on a 12, and still works equally well, if not better, on 6 strings.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Charter Member

When will the 2.0 be available to the general public? I haven't seen them on Amazon (which as I recall you had said that they would be listed)...
2015 Taylor 914ce First Edition
2014 Taylor 812ce 12 fret First Edition
2014 Taylor 324ce FLTD Koa
2009 Taylor 954ce 12 string
1966 Gretsch Country Gentleman
Old 12-05-2016, 10:38 PM

I bought the 1.0, and while it's a cool gadget, I just loosen all the strings and put my hand in the sound hole and push all the pins up from the underside. Super fast.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:38 PM

They are available now at
https://www.amazon.com/Snapz-Acousti...keywords=snapz
Old 12-05-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I bought the 1.0, and while it's a cool gadget, I just loosen all the strings and put my hand in the sound hole and push all the pins up from the underside. Super fast.
Im unclear about this, you have one, but you dont use it. So you loosen the strings , without pulling the pins. Do you unwind the strings completely from the post, or do you push them aside as you put your hand in, and push them up. Thats an interesting approach, if im understanding you correctly, maybe it is easier? Personally i would think that you could damage the wiring for the pickup, if there is one installed, but otherwise, it sounds like a way that would work. What do you do if you break a string, same procedure?

Last edited by ac2300; 12-05-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 AM

Bought the Snapz (v.2) pin puller and it works great. It's simple but makes my life so much easier. Finally I don't find changing strings tricky.

Just one question though, the whole thing doesn't seem to be very rigid, so those who have had it for about two years now: did it break or do you still use it on regular basis?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion