The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 PM

Default Flammang Adirondack Top Grand Concert #72

Arthritis has won the battle. It was a good fight but I rarely play anymore and when I do its frustrating as I have not been playing and skills have diminished so I am going to sell my Serial# 72 Flammang Grand Concert.

I believe it as built in 2002. I am 3rd owner, bought it here in 2008 or so. It is flawless except for a small dust fleck in finish at sound hole, a miniscule ding on back that is 1/4" long and 1/16" wide and a couple minor scuffs near sound hole. From a few feet away and I mean 3 feet it looks like new guitar. It has Cedar Creek Case in excellent shape. Guitar has never left me house in 10 years. I would say it is in excellent plus condition, verging on Mint minus if the flaws were not pointed out to you as they were to me. I bought it sight unseen and spent a long time looking for flaws and came to conclusion that they fall within the scope of what could happen while a new guitar was on display at dealers shop. I mention them to be honest but everyone who has seen guitar comments on how it looks new and unused.

It is a short scale guitar, 24.9" Adirondack Spruce top, 1.75" nut width, 2 1/4" saddle spacing Lower bout is 15 1/8", upper 10 7/8", depth 3 3/4"- 4 3/8". Schaller tuners. Figured Mahogany sides and back.

Guitar is for sale, no trades considered. Shipped free in lower 48 states. $3000.

Photos on request for serious buyers, if you don't have the money, please dont waste your or my time. For those interested we can arrange an in hand description by phone where you ask questions and I answer looking at guitar.

I am in Eugene Oregon if you want to see the guitar before purchase.

Below are some comments from David Flammang in regard to this guitar some years back " The GC you speak of is a contemporary fingerstyle guitar( good strummer too) with a shorter scale 24.9" scale than usual. I found it fun and comfortable to play. The neck is a modern low profile. The GC has: Nitro finish, Bone nut and saddle, Indian rosewood headstock, fretboard binding, and body binding, mitered side and back purfling, Adirondack bracing. The wormhole is purely a cosmetic issue."

my comments....While the guitar has no flashy bling, it is gorgeous in its simple presentation, the sides and back are quite attractive and the top is very nice but in my opinion not flashy. My own feelings on its sound are that it is not a loud guitar for its size but it has a depth and complexity that are incredible. In contrast to some guitars that do sound loud for their size, this guitar does not get overdriven easily if you strum it a little harder. By comparison you can play this guitar harder than the Collings of compariable volume. What blew me away with this guitar when I first got it was how full and complex it sounded when I tried to play it as quietly as possible. A lot of guitars don't do quiet very well, this one does and it also can be played with enthusiasm without the tone turning to loud mush.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. To my knowledge and eye and ear the guitar has no issues or concerns.
Cheers
michael

Last edited by doubleeboy; 05-04-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: missing sentence
Old 05-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Musical minimalist

I don't see any indication of what the back and sides are

Old 05-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Question

Nothing like a post with an attitude, right? If we're wasting your time by asking for pics, then you're surely wasting our time, by posting without them. Good luck, you'll need it.
Steve
Old 05-04-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevien View Post
Nothing like a post with an attitude, right? If we're wasting your time by asking for pics, then you're surely wasting our time, by posting without them. Good luck, you'll need it.
Steve
Sorry to ruffle your feathers, I said photos on request. If you are interested in guitar you may request photos.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
I don't see any indication of what the back and sides are

Sorry, I left out a sentence, my error. Figured Mahogany back and sides.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:11 AM
Charter Member

Smile Pretty pictures are always nice....

Maybe someone here can assist the seller in getting pics up. This has to be a sweetheart.

I would like to see it myself, even though I can't buy it at this time...

Best on the sale, and may your arthritis not cause too much discomfort!

I have had good results with Turmeric, ginger, Hemp seeds, ground flax seed, yoga, prayer and alcohol. Good luck to you!

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 05-05-2018, 10:00 AM

He sent me some very nice photos. Just email him, as he asked.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Musical minimalist

Hopefully this will help....

Last edited by fitness1; 03-30-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:14 PM

Still Available
thanks for looking
Old 06-02-2018, 09:10 PM

Wink

Yes, alcohol! I strongly suggest Tito’s or Dripping Springs or other Made in America, or better yet Made in Texas Vodka! Yes Paul, this appears to be a sweetheart! Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Maybe someone here can assist the seller in getting pics up. This has to be a sweetheart.

I would like to see it myself, even though I can't buy it at this time...

Best on the sale, and may your arthritis not cause too much discomfort!

I have had good results with Turmeric, ginger, Hemp seeds, ground flax seed, yoga, prayer and alcohol. Good luck to you!

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-02-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 View Post
Yes, alcohol! I strongly suggest Tito’s or Dripping Springs or other Made in America, or better yet Made in Texas Vodka! Yes Paul, this appears to be a sweetheart! Thx

Ohhhhh Tito’s........
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 PM

What’s the neck profile like? Thin? Soft or V? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2018, 10:14 PM

I am no wizard at describing neck profiles. It is not thin and wide like a vintage stratocaster, that is for sure, not as chunky as an old Les Paul but closer to that than a strat. It plays very similar to my 10 year old Collings OM1 Cutaway. Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Just throwing it out there but I have owned 5 Flammang acoustics in my GAS years and was very pleased with all of them. Clarity and balanced tone and a great guy to talk to whenever needed.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Smile You all should really look harder at this one!

Special build, nice wood combo and fairly priced. It would be hard to find a better comparably priced GC, 000 or OM guitar here! GLWTS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars