The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-12-2018, 08:45 PM

Default Need Info on a classical ....looks old.....?

Is or has anyone familiarized with a Bruno Ventura Classical? I've had this one for a few months.......LOVE to play it.....LOVE the sound and action....is very nice although in it's present shape (re-glued bodice) it may not be worth much, but can't help but think someone built a pretty decent guitar here the model is a "1583" that's all the info that is on the inner ticket! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
BTW: Please excuse my run on sentences, LOL!
Old 02-13-2018, 01:53 AM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum!

If you are happy with your Bruno, that's of primary importance! I've had a few vintage classicals, being vintage myself, and I have an appreciation of antique and vintage guitars. When I was researching various makes and models when I was looking for an older classical out of nostalgia, I actively looked for the Bruno Venturas among other makes because they have a solid fan club among owners, and I liked what I heard on a few YT videos. I think the only reason I didn't try one was because I couldn't find one locally to me for a price I could afford. I've forgotten what info I found when I researched beyond the enthusiasm of owners, but they seem well made. I think they run 1960s-1970s.

I had a birch body spruce top Harmony classical, and it sounded great but the neck was way too thick. I'd wanted an Alvarez Yairi for a while so looked at those too, but the scales are a little longer that I want. I have an old Favilla C8 that I love, it's beat up too but that doesn't bother me, and I like the shorter scale. Your Bruno has probably worked as hard and earned it's repairs. Love it and play it!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:47 PM

I was so excited to have a "cheap" guitar that was so playable and beautiful sounding without having to spend the enormous $$$ it usually takes. I have smaller hands, but really enjoy playing this one! I also have a Yamaha Classical possibly from the 1970's.....the only thing I have to ID it is the headstock!!! Very Spanish, but original only to what I've seen with Yamaha. I'd be surprised if it isn't because of the quality and action are very similar to many I have played. So far, between the Bruno and Yamaha........I have $7 in them both together and both play without any issues! I will be leaving these to my grandchildren, LOL!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical