The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2018, 10:43 AM

Is there any compact alternative to the TC Play Acoustic? I don't use the guitar part, I just have it just in case.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidguevara80 View Post
Thanks Louis, do you have a picture? that's very interesting.
I'll take a picture of the way I currently have it set up with a regular 3' XLR cable and as yet no velcro or other tidying-up measures tonight and post it for you. The splitter is one of these from audiopile.net:

http://www.audiopile.net/MST-103

I run the mic signal into the splitter with a regular 10' cable. Then it's just a matter of running from one output of the splitter to the T1 and from there to the FOH-dedicated mixer channel. The other output from the splitter goes straight to the monitor-dedicated mixer channel.

More later!

Louis
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM

I pulled the trigger on the low profile XLR cable. I should have it by Thursday and I'll post pics.

Louis
Old 01-30-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I pulled the trigger on the low profile XLR cable. I should have it by Thursday and I'll post pics.

Louis
Great!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Default Problem solved!

I ordered a new Pedalboard from Blackbird Pedalboards. It is smaller than the one that I had previously but it came with a Gig Bag and that's more convenient for me. After reading what lschwart worte on this post I decided to consider how much I was using my TC Play acoustic and I wasn't using the looper, tuner, guitar effects and harmonies. All that I was using was Reverb and Delay. So, I checked the new Mic Mechanic 2 and loved the new features (No gain knob, 9volt availability which works with my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 and tempo tap for delay) everything in a smaller box.

So, here are the results. Now I have more space to add effects for the electric side of my guitar (by the way I am using a Lyric System thru the Venue and Session/Mixer and the M80 thru the SP comp/OCD/Strymons /Orange CR15c Amp/SM57/Mixer)

Thank you guys!

Old 02-09-2018, 10:10 AM

I was about to post some pics (finally) of the vocal/acoustic guitar pedalboard set up I've recently put together, but I can't find how to attach photos to a post. The forum FAQ says there's a button for attachments on the replay to message page, but I don't see it. Can anyone give me a hint? Or do I have to link to a URL?

Thanks!

Louis
Old 02-09-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
I was about to post some pics (finally) of the vocal/acoustic guitar pedalboard set up I've recently put together, but I can't find how to attach photos to a post. The forum FAQ says there's a button for attachments on the replay to message page, but I don't see it. Can anyone give me a hint? Or do I have to link to a URL?

Thanks!

Louis
I use photobucket to create image URL.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I use photobucket to create image URL.
My free account doesn't seem to allow 3rd party sharing. It's worked in the past, but apparently not any more.

Are there other ways to do that?

Louis
Old 02-09-2018, 11:03 AM

OK let's try this again with Shutterfly:

Here's the pedalboard itself:

And here's a detail shot of the lo profile XLR link and the split XLR outputs:

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...513635/enhance

Louis
Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 AM

That is really cool! What do you use the mic splitter for?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
That is really cool! What do you use the mic splitter for?
It's so I can send one signal with the processing from the VoiceTone T1 to one channel of the mixer (dedicated only to the FOH mix) and another with no processing to another channel (dedicated only to the monitor mix). This keeps the compression out of the monitor mix and helps us to avoid feedback.

This set up is for use with my band. Feedback is less of a problem when I play solo or in as part of an acoustic duo or trio for small gigs (and for that I actually don't need the T1 processing). For the band, however, it makes a big difference in getting the lead vocals to stand out in the FOH mix. Since I run an analog mixer and I usually have to run sound myself from the stage, this was the most efficient way to get a little processing on the vocals. When we do have a sound person and they have whatever processing they like at their disposal, I don't bother with the T1 at all.

The Radial PZ-Pre, in addition to DI and EQ functions, gives me a mute, lets me run and switch between two different guitars, and lets me add a boost and a little delay for solos.

Louis
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Cool!, those cables look nice and save a lot of space. I'll put an eye on it. If remove those regular XLR cables I will be able to add another pedal.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Cool!, those cables look nice and save a lot of space. I'll put an eye on it. If remove those regular XLR cables I will be able to add another pedal.
I'm very happy with the manufacturing quality and the design of these. Best thing about them, other than the size of the connectors and the flexibility of the cable itself, is the fact that you can adjust the angle of the connector (they came with a little allen wrench). In this case, because the board has no slots, I left them horizontal, but if I were using these on my other board, I'd be able to turn them vertically to let the cable slip down below.

Not cheap at $40 for a short XLR cable, but not outrageous, given how well-made and well-designed they are.

Louis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification