The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest316 View Post
I owned/used a J-200 (a big, lovely blonde!) in the mid 1970s that helped me turn into a Gibsonholic (it was my second Gibson). In my view there's no comparison between a J-200 and any other guitar.

Woods and construction are important, of course, but a lot of the J-200 sound is because of its interesting and unique body shape and size. I've discovered that a lot of the sound and power is duplicated in Epiphone's EJ-200. No, I'm not saying the Epi is as good as the Gibson lol, but I am saying that the Epi gives you a taste. But out of all the Gibson acoustics I've owned (4 or 5) the J-200 is by far the most memorable, although I liked the sound of my most recent (the Hummingbird Pro) better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1953 View Post
I think my Guild F50 is closer to the Gibson J200. A friend sold his F50 to get a J200 and regretted it.

My '77 guild F50 had incredible tone! Found it at a garage sale for $125! The gal was apparently selling off all her dirtbag husband's gear for cheap. Thank goodness he was not around to witness the sale.
scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion