The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-27-2019, 06:16 PM

Default Tonewood Amp/Collings D2h/ K&K mini—Feedback

Ok Tonewood Amp lovers. Hoping someone can help me. I bought a TWA to use in my Collings D2h. Had a K&K mini installed. Feedback like crazy.
I am hoping someone can suggest settings that will eliminate feedback and give me effects. So far just feedback and no effects. Very disappointed..
I have tried changing the angle 180 degrees- played with the master gain.. just not getting anywhere.Maybe I can have someone whelp walk me through before I just give up...
Thanks for any help.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:21 PM

Hey AZKATY- These are very touchy but it sounds like you already tackled the first place I would look. Don't give up- you will find the sweet spot I promise. Since there are many here who have no experience with the TWA you might want to post your question on the TWA forum- yes, they have their own forum! They are super friendly too and Nick has been great getting back to me with my questions.

You can reach them here

https://support.tonewoodamp.com/support/discussions

Good luck!
Old 04-28-2019, 12:55 PM

I just recently acquired a TWA. I don't have a K&K equipped guitar at the moment but it is listed as a compatible pickup so it should be fine. Looks like you played with the master gain. You can try setting that MG low at first and hopefully slowly bring it up. Each effect also has a gain and a volume. You can try setting the gain low on each effect and slowing bring them up as well.

I haven't had much time to play around with the TWA yet. I only tried it with an Anthem equipped guitar. You can only blend a little bit of mic in before it starts to feedback. I will try it with a passive Schatten HFN guitar on my next days off. That should yield similar results with the TWA as a K&K equipped guitar. I'll report back when I do.

I watched all the videos available on the TWA amp before I bought it. It is a cool little unit but I admit I'm not blown away as I thought I would be. I will be fair and give it plenty of time tinkering before I make my final judgement whether to keep it or not.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification