The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Default Good Question, Good Thread.

As mentioned earlier, there is a lot of great info on this forum regarding this topic that I often refer back to. Here's my set-up...
DeArmond Volume Pedal (1950ish?)
Radial Tonebone PZ-PRE
TC Electronics Hypergravity Compressor (just recently purchased)
Boss BD-2
Rockton Deep Blue Chorus
Vox Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay
Boss RV-5
Boss LS-2
If I had to make a recommendation of where to start with a purchase, I would have to say get the Radial Tonebone PV-PRE. It made even my "lower end" electronics sound great. On two of my acoustic electrics, I disconnected the pre-amps and wired the UST directly to the output jacks (hence the volume pedal) and wow. They're not cheap but they do replace (in my case) an Eq pedal and well...it best to look at their site. It has to much going on for me to explain effectively. The pedals I use the least are the BD-2 and the Boss RV-5. Most of my amps have a good reverbs and the Vox time machine does the rest does the rest to set ambiance. When busking into a battery operated amp, the BD-2 seems to give me a "thicker" signal for the amp to use and it runs on a batery where as my Tonebone doesn't. I sometimes run in stereo so the RV-5, Vox and Rockton all have this capability. I often run two amps so the the Boss LS-2 give me a quality two channel "switch" and gives me a jumping off point for the Daisy Chain. The LS-2 also makes it easy to set volumes on different amps.
My board is almost full but I'm looking to add a tuner The Boss TU-3 might be my choice but it will be tight. I'm ordering a daisy chain with right angle barrel plugs that might just free up the space I need (it's that tight). One other quick thing. I'm using Fender patch cables (FG6ILLT) They take up more room on my board but I can not detect any sound or tone issues whether the pedals are all on or all off. I've even A/B my guitar thru the board and direct to the amp with no issues. I would like to think the cost and real estate they take up were worth it. (man, did I ever ramble on)
Keep on strumming and have a great day
Scott
Old 05-19-2016, 06:56 PM

Boss Tuner
Keeley Compressor
TC Hall of fame reverb
TC- bodyrez
Keeley clean boost
EH Organ
Boss RC3 loop station and control pedals

Old 02-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
This along with the SA220 onboard reverb and EQ is all I need. For tuning I use a head stock clip on tuner out my cell phone app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I'm planning to get the Red-Eye and put my Boss AD-10 in the effects loop for my Taylor 314ce (upgrading to LR Baggs Anthem soon). Does it sound like a good idea?

Cheers!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Charter Member

All I need - the KISS principle...

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 02-08-2018, 01:32 PM

Default Pedal board acoustic help

Here’s my acoustic pedalboard.

Top: NUX Loop Core - BOSS CE-5 Chorus Ensemble - BOSS AD-2 Acoustic Preamp - TomsLine Mini AT-07 Chromatic Tuner - Triple Foot Pedal (2 for NUX - 1 for D-SEED)

Bottom: Voodoo Lab TREMOLO II - D-SEED Delay - Fishman Loudbox Pedal

Underside of Pedalboard: Mosky DC Core10 Isolated Power Supply & Line6 Receiver

I use two guitars for each gig. Each is equipped with a Line6 G30 transmitter set to the same channel and is always on. Switching guitars is easy with no cables needing to be connected. I use rechargeable 9 volt batteries in the guitars and AA rechargeables in the Line6 transmitters so leaving them on is never a problem. I have a second Line6 receiver velcroed to my Fishman Loudbox. Although I’ve never had to use it the second receiver is my backup if there’s a problem with my pedalboard.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

Last edited by BT55; 02-26-2018 at 01:05 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic/electric guitar, help!, pedalboard, pedalboard setup, pedals