The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Default Taylor 12 fret, going back to Taylor repair.

Bad nut, replaced, no issues

Last edited by Bigdog55; 03-20-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: No longer any issues
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Taylor. Here's a link to your original thread:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=258408

In the future, if you click on your name at the top of the page then click on Statistics, there is a button to take you to all of your posts.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Keep us posted on how Taylor handles the problem.
I've heaerd that Taylor service is very good, so you should be fine,
Old 07-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

HI BigDog,

I am really sorry to hear about your troubles with this guitar. I hope the Taylor people can fix you up. I really think they will make every effort.

Best of luck,
Glenn
Old 07-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Default Taylor12 fret back to Taylor

Thanks all, i hope so too, at least I have my ga3 to play in the interim . I love my ga3 , never get rid of that one
Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
G625 mistral-k

sorry to hear about your 12 fret, but glad to hear you have found resolution with a stand-up dealer! Hope you get it back soon so you can back to enjoying it as you intended.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Default 12 fret return to Taylor for repair

Thanks all for your concerns and input. Yes my vendor has been outstanding, allowing access to dozens and dozens of guitars, from a couple hundred to 6000 guitars, collings, Taylor, Martin, Huss and dalton, larrivee , in their sound room, don't bug you, hang with u, it's pretty cool, and u wouldn't believe all the electric guitars, amps, gear. But the best thing is their prices, I have researched everywhere across the country, they are consistently hundreds less than anywhere. I have ordered a guitar, changed my mind weeks later with no hassles, cancel order and reorder new one. Also they have Taylor and Martin events, with performing groups throughout the year, they have an auditorium for these events, food, drink, etc. pretty cool. In fact a Taylor event july 21
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Bigdog, I'd be willing to bet that you get your guitar back in great shape. That GA3 will offer some consolation while you wait. I have one and love it. It's a great guitar on the merits and so much guitar for the money.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM

Default Ga3

00buck, agree as far a ga3, for my first real guitar I hit it out of the park, best price by hundreds. People are amazed at the sound, plus my came with 3 bear claws. I think it's the best guitar for the money. I like it more than higher end guitars I had the option to play. I went to Jerry's lefties in Sarasota , pkayed a lot, collings , Huss and dalton, bourgeois , left there without purchasing as I thought my Taylor sounded as good, if not better. Especially for what I paid.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, I think Taylor will do right by you. It would be kind of silly for them not to in the grand scheme of things.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 PM

BigDog - I recall your thread. I'm glad that you were able to take action. It sounds like you have a great vendor (retailer) to help you with your issue.

Taylor has great customer service. I'm surprised of the way they treated you. Sometimes you do need to get retailers to get involved.

Keep us updated on how things go. Bookmark this thread. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 AM

Default Taylor 12fret blues, update

Bad nut, replaced, no issues

Last edited by Bigdog55; 03-20-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: No longer a issue
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog55 View Post
Taylor requested it be sent to them, been their 10 days, no reply from vendor nor Taylor .
In all due respect, assuming it was shipped by your vendor the moment Taylor authorized the RMA, it is 4 working days in transit via UPS Ground. It's likely only been in the Taylor repair facility for a day or two.

Quote:
Have requested my money back, no reply, have just filed a claim with VISA to dispute charge.
Why then even worry about the Taylor repair issue. Once you file a claim, the issue is now between you and your card provider. The only one to lose out will be the local reseller whom you purchased the guitar from originally.

Quote:
Bought July 6, been broke since. Very bummed.
Now it seems we're getting to the heart of the matter. It appears you purchased a guitar you couldn't afford in the first place and clearly regret your original purchase decision and are looking for justification for reversing the transaction.

We've all been there at some point in our lives, I find it a bit like sitting down at a huge banquet table. Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our stomaches (or wallets).

Last edited by markallen; 08-01-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 AM

^Well said. If you're having buyer's remorse, that's a different matter. I know it may be exacerbated by the malfunctioning guitar, but you may have been in the same boat even if the guitar was great. Go find some part time work maybe?
Taylor GA8 Sitka/EIR
Reverend '21 Charger 290
Gibson '03 Les Paul Studio Swamp Ash
Fender '94 American Std Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Baritone Telecaster

Many are gone but not forgotten...some are just forgotten
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, I'd guess it is buyer's remorse. We'd all have it if we'd just spent over two grand on a guitar with a problem that no one seems to be able to solve. Guitar savings gone, no guitar, and no communication from the manufacturer. I'd probably have buyer's rage. Bigdog, there's an ignore function on the AGF. It's probably time to use it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion