The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-02-2024, 03:10 PM

Default Another Audigo Mic Sample!

I just go this in the other day, ordered Monday and it showed up on Thurs. I was able to set it up quick this morning and film a quick demo before the kids started making too much noise!

The app is pretty intuitive and easy to use, I haven't tried multi tracking it yet. The free app allows you to EQ and add reverb, if you pay for the subscription you get access to compression and delay features. I opted to just use the free app, if I want to mess with any other effects I'll upload it into garage band. It will also export the video and audio tracks separately.

Anyhow, I think it sounds way better than just the iphone mic and being able to eq and add a little reverb quick is great. All in all I was set up and taking the video in about 5 mins! I have no affiliation with this company just wanted to get another sample out there and see if anyone else is using it.

Also, if someone can fill me in on what I am doing wrong with embedding youtube links? I click the little play button and then paste the link in?

https://youtu.be/aUvlX5yN4yw?si=_TBhXOA7Cu0rm6Bi

Last edited by Juiced06GTO; 03-02-2024 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:39 PM
Charter Member

To post a YouTube video, you want to copy the series of numbers, letters, and symbols to the right of the = sign.

So in your video, the YouTube address is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvlX5yN4yw

You want to copy "aUvlX5yN4yw" (without my added parenthesis), hit the YouTube button along the top of the AGF window where you're creating the post, then paste what you copied.

[ YOUTUBE]aUvlX5yN4yw[/YOUTUBE]
I purposely put a space after the bracket you could see what to do. You don't want that space.

The end result...
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 03-02-2024, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

In this particular case...and in most cases...you copy just the part after the = sign. not the entire URL. youtube.com/watch?v=aUvlX5yN4yw

as in this case ...... aUvlX5yN4yw

Old 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM

Fixed! Thanks guys!!
Old 03-03-2024, 08:18 PM

I am intrigued by this product. I have the Isotope Spire for audio recordings but this product appears to have a few more features that I like. Did you use a one mic setup or two mics in this recording?
Old 03-05-2024, 06:21 PM

This is only one mic, set up about 2-3 feet in front of both me and the guitar in my living room sitting on the couch while my kids bounced around across the room haha.

I was excited to try it out and fairly happy with the sound considering the less than optimal setting. I've been too busy to really try it more, but will try to get some samples up again once I play around with it some more.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 AM
Charter Member

That is ridiculously good! What great quality from a little recording device paired with a phone. Just perfect for YouTube etc. It looks like the Android version and European sales will come later in 2024. If I was still in the music business I'd be on the phone to them straight away to pitch as the UK distributor!!! Lots of folks are going to want something that small and easy to use. A cool feature is being able to put the mic's close and then compose your video shot without loosing sound quality.

Mind you - Your voice is wonderful - and that's really carrying this video. If I recorded a demo it wouldn't sound anywhere near as great!!!

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Last edited by Robin, Wales; 03-06-2024 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
This is only one mic, set up about 2-3 feet in front of both me and the guitar in my living room sitting on the couch while my kids bounced around across the room haha.
You should try a wide stereo spread but with the Audigo mounted sideways so that the pattern between the mics is up and down instead of sideways. That should allow you to get a nice blend of guitar and vocals with the Audigo a little closer.

The tracking says mine will be here on Friday.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:00 PM

That would require me ordering another mic haha! Not opposed, but I think I am going to play around with this one some more. I have written a few songs that I really want to add an acoustic lead line to, so I am going to try playing and recording the main video with chords and lyrics and then lay the lead down over the top of it.

If i can figure out how to shoot a video of me playing the lead part maybe overlay it in the corner or something if I can make it all synch up. That might be getting to complicated for me though haha!
Old 03-07-2024, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
That is ridiculously good! What great quality from a little recording device paired with a phone. Just perfect for YouTube etc. It looks like the Android version and European sales will come later in 2024. If I was still in the music business I'd be on the phone to them straight away to pitch as the UK distributor!!! Lots of folks are going to want something that small and easy to use. A cool feature is being able to put the mic's close and then compose your video shot without loosing sound quality.

Mind you - Your voice is wonderful - and that's really carrying this video. If I recorded a demo it wouldn't sound anywhere near as great!!!
Thank you for the compliments! The stuff that is available now is crazy. My buddy and I used to record on a little tascam 4 track after high school (late 90's) that took forever to do everything. Shooting video with good sound would have been a pipe dream haha.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:15 PM

A few more samples from today. I laid the lead down on the first one using only the app to do everything.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD