The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Default O Holy Night - warning: actually no acoustic guitar content!

O Holy Night - warning: no acoustic guitar content! Sorry.

But…

It’s Christmassy, if that helps. Bear with me.

Hello people

Let me introduce you to Sarah. She and I have done a few performances locally, and she always seemed to me to have a pretty good voice, but you can’t always tell in a live situation, with all the distractions, can you? So anyway, she was coming over to record a couple of vocals for me, and I remembered I’d recorded a rather nice arrangement of "O Holy Night”, with some nice twinkly keyboards, and maybe it might be nice to plonk down a quick vocal on it. So I phoned her up shortly before she was coming over, and said could she have a listen to "O Holy Night", and she said "Oh righty ho" (or words to that effect). So when she pitched up, I more or less slapped the headphones on her and pressed the record button.

With the following results…

https://soundcloud.com/grifgraf7/o-h...al-sarah-kelly

And.. heavens! It was as if a giant nightingale had flown into the room and perched before the microphone! Simply a stunning performance, that quite overshadows all my twinkly synths. No auto-tune or any kind of correction was used.

I was going to get one of the local musos to add, I dunno, a violin or something in the solo gap. But then, enthused by Sarah’s lovely vocal, I decided I should dust off my electric chops… and this is not too bad a solo, is it? Or is it? What do y’all think?

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to you all!

Pete

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write