The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

I can't add anything that hasn't been said and I agree with each post made here. While acts of kindness are made each day it's those acts of kindness in our most troubled times that means the most and is a reflection on the true character of people.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Have you decided how you will sell the guitar? Raffle, auction, outright sale?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Reviving this thread for good reason. It took a while to get things in order and to figure out how this guitar would be sold so that the maximum amount of money could be donated in my niece' memory. The fact that it has been taking so long has been weighing heavily on me; I had a vision for how this would come together and it was taking much too long to come to fruition. I didn't want Steve's efforts to have been wasted or to even appear to have simply been taken for granted and set aside.

To start the ball rolling I recently began a discussion with a woman about the guitar, trying to work out the logistics of how someone would donate, then we would get notified and at that point could ship the guitar, working through issue to ensure trust and openness on each end of this. Totally unexpectedly, she said she knows someone that owns some music venues in NYC, perhaps he would allow us to set up a table and auction off the guitar, then we wouldn't have to worry about shipping and everything would be right out in the open. In the end, it is the venue owner who decided to donate the money outright and become the owner of this wonderful instrument. He is donating $5000 in Jordan's honor, I will be handing off the guitar within the next few days.

Again, I cannot begin to express my appreciation for what Steve did. It is an act of kindness for which I will forever be grateful.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

Last edited by mikealpine; 02-21-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for bringing up this thread. I did not catch it the first time around. It is the first time a Posting on the AGF has brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. Beautiful guitar and such a great humanitarian gesture by the builder and the venue owner who purchased the guitar.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

ditto here. I do not recall the original thread but it resonates with me.
I had an Aunt and a cousin innocently hit on Interstate 95 by a wrong direction DUI driver in Maine.

Thanks for the detailed story.
I bet the new owner is coaxing some emotional melodies with that beautiful hand made 000.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

That is very good news Mike! I'm glad you revived this thread so we could know what happened with the guitar and Jordan's memorial fund.

It was good to read through this thread again. Life is short, and it's good to celebrate the special people who have been close to us.

All the best Mike,
Glenn
Old 02-21-2018, 11:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
Thanks for bringing up this thread. I did not catch it the first time around. It is the first time a Posting on the AGF has brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. Beautiful guitar and such a great humanitarian gesture by the builder and the venue owner who purchased the guitar.
Thanks Matt, it really is heartwarming. Steve is a very rare and special guy, and the venue owner was simply touched by the story, so all the pieces aligned beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
ditto here. I do not recall the original thread but it resonates with me.
I had an Aunt and a cousin innocently hit on Interstate 95 by a wrong direction DUI driver in Maine.

Thanks for the detailed story.
I bet the new owner is coaxing some emotional melodies with that beautiful hand made 000.

Thanks Tippy, sorry to hear about your aunt and cousin! Things like that are tough to get through, and when a young person is involved, it is that much harder. As for the new owner, this all just came together, so he doesn't ahve it yet. I want to change the strings and have my tech give it a good look-over because it has been sitting idle for 18 months or so. But I'm sure it will do exactly as you say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
That is very good news Mike! I'm glad you revived this thread so we could know what happened with the guitar and Jordan's memorial fund.

It was good to read through this thread again. Life is short, and it's good to celebrate the special people who have been close to us.

All the best Mike,
Glenn
Thanks much, Glenn. There is a foundation that my brother-in-law started is funds, The Jordan Schuman Foundation for Kindness, and he uses the money for various causes in ways that would make Jordan proud. I have another thread about the donation in the Custom shop because Steve's actions deserve it (even though he takes zero credit), and in there I explain that Jordan's legacy is kindness. We celebrate her often with random acts of kindness, simply "because...Jordan". Have a great night!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 PM

That's a wonderful story. What a great-looking guitar as well.

Regards.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:35 PM

Beautiful story. Very touching and beautiful guitar to remember a beautiful talented young woman.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:07 PM

Mike
First off thank you for reviving this thread I missed your story back in 2016. What a wonderful message in your heartfelt story. Life does indeed change in an instant, we should never take anything for granted. This thread alone is a wonderful legacy to Jordan’s life. How fortunate you and your family were to have Jordan as a part of your lives for 22 years. My sincere condolences.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:27 PM

It's all been said very well, so just..God bless you all!
scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion