The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

With all of the giveaways this month, you go and pull something like this......AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM

sometimes i need to shut up!- but this thread opened up for me, im not a sucker for hard luck cases like alcohol, depression lost jobs etc, this might seem cruel but you have to know me to understand, im depressed, useless back, had a couple strokes and hear electronically with an implant being deaf over 30 years, i never complained and never asked for help or financial aid, i did odds jobs when i could for food and gas money,lived without luxuries like cable tv, finally got soc sec at 62, and just bought my 1st acoustic guitar- so i think it should be donated to that autistic child mentioned earlier or an autistic home for children as mentioned in an earlier post, these children have a disease that has no cure or real future for them, and i really think if it benefits an autistic child in anyway, its a 100% better then a hard luck case
Old 03-31-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddManOut View Post
I teach at a local college which shares a rural campus with a charter high school academy. One of the students at the HS academy (call him "LS") has some pretty daunting developmental challenges. He suffers from Aspberger's Syndrome (autism spectrum disorder) and some neurological development issues. He is a very nice kid, with a heart of gold.

During this school year LS has taken up playing acoustic guitar. One of the high school teachers has taken LS under his wing and started teaching and encouraging LS to play. I have sat in on some of the lessons, and have been answering LS's questions about upgrading his very cheaply made acoustic. LS has made remarkable strides in 6 months. He shows the focus and motivation to learn, he is uber enthusiastic, and demonstrates some real musical ability. The guitar playing and lessons are helping LS learn to better interact with people and to improve some of his coordination challenges.

LS would really benefit from having a better guitar to further his new found love of playing guitar.

Thank you for considering LS as the recipient of this guitar.

Your giveaway is a very kind act. I'm sure whomever receives the guitar will benefit. Thank you for your generosity.
I realize you're not looking for votes but this sounds like a great candidate IMO.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:37 PM

I want to take a minute to thank all of you who are participating in this thread. It only reinforces my long-held belief that almost everyone truly wants to help those less fortunate. The AGF community is chock full of magnanimous musicians!

I've already received quite a few submissions - both here and by private message - for very worthy candidates. I only wish I could send guitars to all of them! Please keep the suggestions coming; I'll read and listen for as long as my heart can take it, before making a selection and shipping the guitar. There will be a posting regarding the "winner", though I'll be sure to redact any personal info, so no privacy concerns on behalf of the recipient.

Thanks again, everyone!
McPherson Redwood/EIR #1
McPherson Redwood/EIR #2
Breedlove MasterClass Custom Sinker Redwood/Cocobolo
Taylor Custom GA Redwood/Maple
Taylor Custom GA Cedar/Maple
Taylor T5Z Pro
Yamaha A3R
Gurian Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood
Line 6 Variax 700
VoyageAir VAOM-06
VoyageAir VAOM-1C
Old 04-01-2015, 02:14 PM

If you'd like to nominate someone to receive the free guitar, please post your story or pm me with the nomination by Monday. Planning to ship the guitar by midweek next week.
McPherson Redwood/EIR #1
McPherson Redwood/EIR #2
Taylor T5Z Pro
Yamaha A3R
Line 6 Variax 700
VoyageAir VAOM-06
VoyageAir VAOM-1C
Old 04-09-2015, 02:04 AM

After much deliberation, I'm happy to announce that I've decided to whom the Bedell guitar will go. OddManOut had nominated "LS" to be the recipient, and I agree that LS is in a unique position to benefit from a new instrument. I shipped his Bedell BDD-18-M acoustic guitar today, and OddManOut will present it to LS.

There was another story, however, which weighed heavy on me. Repete nominated a young lady in Pennsylvania (who shall remain anonymous)- a single mom who had recently been beaten up by strangers and had her guitar stolen. When she went to the police, still bloodied from the attack, they refused to help, and even threatened to arrest her if she didn't leave the station. I've seen the photos, and no one should be treated that way, by her attackers or by the police. If anyone deserves at least a minor display of human kindness at the hands of a stranger, it's this young lady. I chose to send her a guitar, as well. Since she occasionally hosts open mics, I sent her a Takamine EG430 acoustic electric.

There were many other nominees who certainly deserve for something good to come their way, and I regret that I'm unable to supply guitars for each and every one of them.

Thanks, everyone, for participating and sending your nominations!
McPherson Redwood/EIR #1
McPherson Redwood/EIR #2
Taylor T5Z Pro
Yamaha A3R
Line 6 Variax 700
VoyageAir VAOM-06
VoyageAir VAOM-1C

Last edited by Ronnie RedZone; 04-09-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:17 AM

Default Wow!

I didnt know about the second guitar!

Amber was thrilled by the news, and your guitar choice to send her is excellent.

Thanks again for your awesome contribution to some people who deserved something good to brighten their lives.

-r
Old 04-09-2015, 03:43 AM
Charter Member

No need for the guitar, but you have helped renew my faith in humanity.

Another nice gesture happened to me yesterday. Was trying to purchase a parking pass yesterday and the machine would not take my card. The person in back of me said, let me buy you one. Wow!!!!!
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 04-09-2015, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie RedZone View Post
After much deliberation, I'm happy to announce that I've decided to whom the Bedell guitar will go. OddManOut had nominated "LS" to be the recipient, and I agree that LS is in a unique position to benefit from a new instrument. I shipped his Bedell BDD-18-M acoustic guitar today, and OddManOut will present it to LS.

There was another story, however, which weighed heavy on me. Repete nominated a young lady in Pennsylvania (who shall remain anonymous)- a single mom who had recently been beaten up by strangers and had her guitar stolen. When she went to the police, still bloodied from the attack, they refused to help, and even threatened to arrest her if she didn't leave the station. I've seen the photos, and no one should be treated that way, by her attackers or by the police. If anyone deserves at least a minor display of human kindness at the hands of a stranger, it's this young lady. I chose to send her a guitar, as well. Since she occasionally hosts open mics, I sent her a Takamine EG430 acoustic electric.

There were many other nominees who certainly deserve for something good to come their way, and I regret that I'm unable to supply guitars for each and every one of them.

Thanks, everyone, for participating and sending your nominations!
Very generous of you. I'm sure this will brighten the spirits of these folks.

Steve

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace