The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-24-2017, 04:43 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD:Bourgeois Martin Simpson 12 Fret Custom - Adirondack / Mahogany Sunburst

Bourgeois Martin Simpson 12 Fret Custom - Adirondack / Mahogany Sunburst

I've played this one for a short time and although I think it is quite a guitar for the money, it is just a slightly bigger body than I am used to playing. As such, someone will get an opportunity to own a very nice guitar. Easy to play, easy to look at.

The former owner said:

"This guitar has something magical about it, with the wide string spacing at the bridge, the 12 fret and extremely comfortable neck, the cutaway, and its deep body it is a fingerstyle workhorse. Out of the 10 guitars I own this one is by far the easiest and most inspiring to play. You'll understand the moment you put it in your hands.

The depth of the body and 12 fret neck gives it some wonderfully warm and deep bass. This one has some really great upgrades. The Adirondack top gives it a wonderful responsiveness, I also haven't seen many MS models with a sunburst top. This was designed as a dreadnought/jumbo/OM hybrid, with a 12 fret neck joint."

Specs:

Soundboard: Adirondack spruce
Mahogany back and sides
25.4" scale
Mahogany neck
Nut 1-3/4"
Ebony fingerboard
Ivory nut, saddle, and bridge pins
Ebony bridge
2 3/8" spacing at the Saddle
Gold Schaller tuners with ebony buttons
Abalone rosette,
Dot inlays
clear pickguard
LR Baggs Anthem pickup.
Hard Shell case

Condition: This one looks like it has been played, but is in great condition. It has a few superficial marks here and there, the worst being a mark on the front of the guitar just below the fingerboard...small and not through the wood

SOLD A BARGAIN for a Bourgeois!!

Open to reasonable offers and some trades.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-27-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 PM

What a beauty. Had the same model only with rosewood back and sides. Loved that guitar. It went to a friend so I still get to play it. Tough choice to sell it when I found my Lowden and something had to give. I liked to flatpick mine, but it was a great fingerstyle guitar.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

Yep, this is probably my dream guitar! Curse this poverty!! Some lucky buyer is gonna love this one. Good luck with the sale.

2004 John Osthoff AS-C
1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

Old 06-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

These are great guitars though they are on the big side. The bracing is very light which is one reason I think they sound so good. Any pictures that don't make the back look like it is covered with clown barf?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 AM

If I weren't already trying to sell 2 guitars, this would be intriguing. I always wondered how these things would play. I do like larger guitars and I love fingerstyle. Hmmm?

Maybe I could call dibs. Does that count?
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 06-26-2017, 06:03 AM

Memory could be failing here, but I thought these 12 fret, slope shouldered dreads were a little smaller than most dreads. Possibly an anch shorter across the lower bout? Mine was my biggest guitar, but it was a pretty nice size.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff2 View Post
Memory could be failing here, but I thought these 12 fret, slope shouldered dreads were a little smaller than most dreads. Possibly an anch shorter across the lower bout? Mine was my biggest guitar, but it was a pretty nice size.

Jeff
Say HEY! Jeff Thanks for the question and thanks to those several of you who have expressed interest in this guitar. Several trade offers so far, but still for sale.

I guess I shouldn't really make a big deal about the size. It really isn't a "chore' at all to play, I simply am accustomed to slightly smaller fingerstyle guitars. Here are the measurements for clarification. I found this after a little research:

Measurements

Body Size: Dreadnought
Scale: 25.4 in.
Nut Width: 1 3/4 in.
String Spacing: 2 3/8 in.
Body Length: 20 1/8 in.
Upper Bout: 11 3/8 in.
Lower Bout: 15 7/8 in.
Body Depth @Neck Heel: 3 7/8 in.
Body Depth @Tail Block: 4 7/8 in.
Frets to body: 12

Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Default 12 Fret Guitars

You have a PM!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL View Post
These are great guitars though they are on the big side. The bracing is very light which is one reason I think they sound so good. Any pictures that don't make the back look like it is covered with clown barf?
Oh my goodness. Shame on me to think that someone would like to see the shine on the back...my humble apologies LOLOLOL

But, gotta keep everyone happy...so, how's this one?

Last edited by invguy921; 06-27-2017 at 11:08 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars