The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Question Producers

So... if you were going to hire someone to produce a recording (note, I didn't say "record" ), who would be your producer of choice, and why?

Of course, MANY (if not all) smaller artists self-produce these days, but I just can't seem to get set up, and when I get sort of set up, I can't figure out how to transfer the files, etc etc etc... I've written and produced a couple pieces using Finale and other programs - but, they are not particularly satisfactory. (fun, definitely...)

The one or two songs I did in a studio here in Ireland with someone recommended to me as a producer did NOT come out well, IMHO - first, he had me singing more like a broadway singer (I am NOT), then he mushed up the arrangement - nope, I am a folk/jazz s/s, not a broadway diva!... waste of money, IMHO... not to mention the cats in the studio to which I am deathly allergic - I have three outdoor cats that do not bother me, it's the indoor ones that are the killer... my allergies were so bad (despite meds) that I couldn't hear myself sing... pitch problems, anyone? And, believe me, pitch is not one of my problems normally!

So, I was just thinking aloud and am wondering what others think.

Suggest on - with reasons, of course!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Default T. Bone Burnet!

T. Bone Burnet. Listen to Bruce Cockburn's "Nothing But a Burnin' Light" and "Dart to the Heart". Brilliant!

Plus countless others including the sound track to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell