The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-25-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongwriterFan View Post
I can't outplay most of you, but I probably can outspend most of you. So . . .

10,000 hrs of practice for me would never turn me into anything resembling "good" . . . I simply don't have enough natural talent.

My talents lie elsewhere (engineering), and it happens to pay quite well, and I've been blessed with enough disposable income that I can collect some very nice guitars, which I do appreciate (though I'm sure I would appreciate even more if I could play better).

It's not supposed to be a contest (is it?), so it's about what one is capable of and how much joy it brings in doing so.
....well said....though I would say that 10,000 hrs of consistently-challenging practice would indeed make you a pretty darn good guitar player....great guitar playing is less about talent, and more about hard, persistent work...(now...if I would only "practice" what I preach...pun intended).......
--TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX
--Audix OM5 Dynamic mic
--Shubb C1 Capo
--Various other "stuff"
Old 07-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgt178 View Post
....well said....though I would say that 10,000 hrs of consistently-challenging practice would indeed make you a pretty darn good guitar player....
Yes, it's the old music teacher's adage: "perfect practice makes perfect"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion