The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-01-2016, 03:40 PM

Default New USB power cable for music devices on Kickstarter

A while back, I started a thread about powering my effects pedals from a phone charger battery. (http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=406149)

Key to this hack is having a cable to convert from the 5v battery to the 9v that the effects need. I used a converter from an Irish company called MyVolts.

They're MyVolts is offering a heavy-duty, stage-ready version of their cable adaptor, called the Ripcord. They're about 75% of the way to their Kickstarter goal with 3 days to go.

This product looks really good. You can power devices from a laptop, phone charger, USB powerbank, solar power, or even a phone!

Check it out here: http://kck.st/1XawiGJ

Note: I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a happy customer.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

I bought an adapter from MyVolts also - seemed to take forever to get it, lol. I have been pedaling my pedals with it and a Cell Phone Charger off of Amazon for a year or so now - works great!

Thanks for the heads up on this Kickstarter - im gonna sign up for 2 of them!

Peace,

James
Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM

Question Kick Starter USB Adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
A while back, I started a thread about powering my effects pedals from a phone charger battery. (http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=406149)

Key to this hack is having a cable to convert from the 5v battery to the 9v that the effects need. I used a converter from an Irish company called MyVolts.

They're MyVolts is offering a heavy-duty, stage-ready version of their cable adaptor, called the Ripcord. They're about 75% of the way to their Kickstarter goal with 3 days to go.

This product looks really good. You can power devices from a laptop, phone charger, USB powerbank, solar power, or even a phone!

Check it out here: http://kck.st/1XawiGJ

Note: I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a happy customer.
Aloha Bra :

¿ Tought I'd went ask howzit going widat Ripcord USB adaptor ?

Mahalo

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

Old 07-26-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post

Aloha Bra :

¿ Tought I'd went ask howzit going widat Ripcord USB adaptor ?

Mahalo

HR
Aloha Ramon,

I know they fulfilled their Ripcord goals on Kickstarter. The adaptor that I've been using is the pre-Ripcord model… same function, but without the "road-worthy" upgrades. It's been working great for me with a cheap Anker phone battery. My pedals don't draw a lot of power, so somebody else might need a bigger battery.

Mālama pono ā hui hou,
Pili
Old 07-27-2017, 12:23 AM

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
Aloha Ramon,

I know they fulfilled their Ripcord goals on Kickstarter. The adaptor that I've been using is the pre-Ripcord model… same function, but without the "road-worthy" upgrades. It's been working great for me with a cheap Anker phone battery. My pedals don't draw a lot of power, so somebody else might need a bigger battery.

Mālama pono ā hui hou,
Pili
Na Mahalo Unco Pauhana:

I need someting - get everyting nail down but the mobile power for my T.C Helicon Voice Live 3 X - Roland GR33 guitar synth module and Source Audio Hot hand 3 base station & wireless ring .

I plan on making it back to Puna Big Island for stay and this is what I need when I hit places like Waipio - south point - and green sands an all da odda places were no get powa .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases