The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-30-2017, 03:49 AM

Default NBD

Ok, posting here as this is where I usually hang out and it doesn't really fit in under general or other stringed instruments! Mods feel free to move if it shouldn't be here!

Finally, after a few weeks of stress after someone backed into my hire car while it was parked and didn't own up (now sorted more or less), I was finally able to pull the trigger on this gorgeous MiJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass.

The ad said it was in new condition - and they weren't kidding! It looks as if it has hardly been played, zero fret wear etc, no marks anywhere, not even on the back. The Badass II bridge and the serial number put the year at around 2009-2010.

The neck is typical for the model, very slim - even for a Jazz. I have played mainly guitar in recent years but have played bass a great deal in the past and it's lovely to have a nice bass again. The slim neck suits me very well!

Pickups on this example are Custom Shop 60s, and the stock pups were included.

I'm now trying to figure out and learn the fills from YYZ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 04-30-2017, 05:56 AM

Pieterh, Congrats on the bass. I was wondering what "B" meant in "NBD". I think you picked the right subforum to post anything Geddy Lee related

Were you specifically looking for a Geddy bass or found one and decided that was the one?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

Very nice bass! -- Darwin
Old 04-30-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Pieterh, Congrats on the bass. I was wondering what "B" meant in "NBD". I think you picked the right subforum to post anything Geddy Lee related

Were you specifically looking for a Geddy bass or found one and decided that was the one?

Hi Dru!

The answer is a bit of both. I used to play a lot of bass years ago, including some professional actor-musician tours in the UK. Before training as an actor I sold my Aria SB Black n Gold and over the last few years have been keeping my eyes open in case one turned up for sale. One hasn't!

Earlier this year there was a guy selling a used MiJ GL bass about 3 hours drive from here. I've always liked Jazz basses and the slimmer neck of the GL appeals! We were talking about meeting up somewhere a bit nearer but then the car damage happened. In the end all that got sorted without it costing me too much but by then he'd sold it.

I'd got hooked on the idea of one and there was another on sale at a music store in the south of Sweden. I managed to get them to drop the price a little and they shipped it to me. In the end this one was a much better deal - more expensive but still a great price for a MiJ in this condition. I am thrilled with it - and referring back to a conversation we had a long time ago re my Telecaster, this is actually the first instrument I've ever had with anything other than stock pups on it!

Just need a better bass amp now - my little Traynor BLOC40B is fine in my apartment but not much else...

Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 04-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Very nice bass! -- Darwin

Thanks!

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars