The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM

Default Finally recorded a song for Youtube!

I Finally got the nerve to put a song on Youtube. It's not that great of a recording. I recorded it with a cheap RCA Camcorder. The song is one of my favorites that another guy always sings at our local jam. So I thought I would give it a shot. I have only played it and sang it maybe 10 times. So don't beat me up that bad.
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trOdWVn5ACY

Last edited by T.L. Buck; 12-18-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 PM

Good job for a first effort my friend. I haven't had the courage to share a video, although I've posted my stuff on soundclick.

Your guitar sounded pretty darn nice tonewise on your "cheap recording". My only suggestion would be to find a way to get your voice out in front of it. From what I can hear, sounds like you have a nice voice. Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks for sharing...

"I've tasted and obtained wealth, fame and power and can testify that they do not compare to the satisfaction that I have tasted from one drop of water from the cup of Christ which has quenched my thirst."

- Malcom Muggeridge
Old 12-16-2008, 06:04 PM

Good voice and good playing. If you played and sang that style in pubs over here, you would get free Guinness all night!!

Well Done!

Davey.
All regularly gigged.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:23 PM

Congrats on your first posting, T.L. Your first song is a good one.

Do you have the equipment to record the audio seperately? Mics on camcorders tend to suck & you'd get a lot more tone out of your recording with a decent mic.

Also, on future recordings you might try positioning the mic (or camcorder) higher so that it's picking more of your voice and less of the guitar.

Other than that, you did a nice job on this. And if you're like a lot of us, it's only the beginning . . .
Old 12-17-2008, 04:20 PM

Nicely done, fun playing and singing. You have a nice voice for that kind of music, don't let the sound quality on the video get you down - it must sound just fine live. And lots of people can listen past the recording equiptment a person has to record on and still hear something really nice (you can hear it must sound pretty fun live where you did it).

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM

T.L., very nice!! youve got a great voice and it sounds pretty good even with the vid mic.

Takamine TF360SBG
Takamine EF340SBG
Yamaha FG200

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MrLucky923
Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM

Thank you for all the generous replies. I do play live twice a month at a couple steak houses. There isn't any way for me to use an external mic with this camcorder. It is a RCA Small Wonder. It is pretty low budget. I am hoping to get a Zoom H2 for myself for Christmas. Thanks again for the compliments.
BigDavus, It sounds like I need to head to Ireland!!
Robert1, Thanks for the compliment on the guitar tone. It is my Martin SWOMGT. That thing sounds great live. (my favorite)
Old 12-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Good job of singing and playing. A nice performance! Keep it up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell