The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-16-2008, 04:30 AM

Default A hilarious christmas song posted last year

Someone posted a Christmas song here, last year. The singer was so bad the whole song was very funny. I rememebr the poster being unsure whether the singer was joking or was just sooo bad. I'd love to hear it again Can any one point me to it?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam20540 View Post
Someone posted a Christmas song here, last year. The singer was so bad the whole song was very funny. I rememebr the poster being unsure whether the singer was joking or was just sooo bad. I'd love to hear it again Can any one point me to it?
Hi Adam...
This may be what you are requesting...painfully passionate. I'm not unsure whether he is serious. I believe the singer was dead serious, and just a poor singer. It really is the kind of thing a legitimate singer could not imitate.

It was passed onto me by a friend who has a friend who engineers at a studio in Nashville who has a collection of pieces recorded by people who come to the studio and pay top dollar to make second rate recordings, often hiring a top notch band to back them. Typical of recordings from the 70s it has suffered the deterioration of copying copies of copies (pre digital age).

My suspicion is this was a recording made to a pre-recorded backing track, and I'd love more info on the source.

O Holy Night - click

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 12-16-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Adam...
This may be what you are requesting...painfully passionate. I'm not unsure whether he is serious. I believe the singer was dead serious, and just a poor singer. It really is the kind of thing a legitimate singer could not imitate.

It was passed onto me by a friend who has a friend who engineers at a studio in Nashville who has a collection of pieces recorded by people who come to the studio and pay top dollar to make second rate recordings, often hiring a top notch band to back them. Typical of recordings from the 70s it has suffered the deterioration of copying copies of copies (pre digital age).

My suspicion is this was a recording made to a pre-recorded backing track, and I'd love more info on the source.

O Holy Night - click

I found a site with the song and there was an interview with the guy who says he sang it. He claims that he sang it as a spoof on all the bad vocalist techniques he has seen over the years as an arranger and engineer. Even if it really is a spoof, it is funny! Here is the link with the song and the interview:
http://www.burnsidewriterscollective...night_re_1.php
Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirflyguy2000 View Post
I found a site with the song and there was an interview with the guy who says he sang it. He claims that he sang it as a spoof on all the bad vocalist techniques he has seen over the years as an arranger and engineer. Even if it really is a spoof, it is funny! Here is the link with the song and the interview:
http://www.burnsidewriterscollective...night_re_1.php
Hi SFG...
Thanks for that...I've been wanting to have follow up to it. This is downloaded to my files in pdf format as we speak.

He may be on the level, and sure tells a convincing story. My only consideration is if he has all the masters, why not re-release it as a non-warbly copy with the better mastering tapes he supposedly has. Time may tell all...

It is a fun-spot in our holiday every year.

I do appreciate the post very much...and the fact he really does not sing well is evident. I knew this can not be a serious, trained, singer with a strong sense of pitch and other proper technique.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 12-16-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: oops added a paragraph...
Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 AM

That's the oneThanks ljguitar. Chistmas just wouldn't be the same ..
Old 12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

WOW--Thanks for that! Brought a huge smile to my face on an otherwise crappy day.... Priceless
1950's Hoyer Meisterklasse
2003 Santa Cruz Vintage Artist
2013 Haxton Special (Nick Lucas model)
2019 Fairbanks Nick Lucas
a bunch of other stuff I really ought to sell...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell