The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-21-2018, 07:52 AM

I have a Sigma 00M-15S (00 sized hog, 12 fret) that I'm quite infatuated with. I was all set on a Martin 00-15M with a bonus I got last year and then my other half got pregnant meaning I had to (significantly!) reduce the budget. I may look at the Martin again once the finances stabilise but I'm very happy with the Sigma in the mean time.

A friend has the TM15 and another friend has the TM12 that he bought for his 9 year old son. I've played around with them both quite a bit.

They're good fun although I'm not mad on the sound of these really tiny travel guitars (and for me they're a bit too small to be comfortable) but both are fine for what they are.

I would try out some slightly bigger guitars as well (for me 00 size is perfect for couch playing and in my experience you'll get a much better sound as well).
Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Yes, where are you?

First thing; Sigma guitars are legally licensed copies of Martins. I have a Sigma OM-21. It's a wonderful guitar that I got ''used'' at GC on Long Island. I know it's not a real OM-21, but having it, I have no gas at all for the real thing.

Cool looking OM!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion