The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Default SOLD 2003 Randall Kramer: Prairie Grass (SOLD)

2003 Ziricote B&S with European Spuce top. Randall Kramer is a top tier builder who currently builds the quartet guitar line for Schoenberg.
I am asking SOLD now reduced to SOLD now reduced to SOLD shipped to CONUS. I will not ship internationally. This is an excellent value for a guitar of this caliber. With the upgraded B&S wood and soundboard, this guitar would cost significantly more than twice that new.

This is easily the best guitar that I have ever owned. It is a beautiful example of a "versatile" guitar. It has the beautiful uniqueness of a slope-shouldered aesthetic with the dimensions and playing comfort more similar to an OM size guitar. The craftsmanship is exquisite. The tone is balanced across the strings, very responsive and the guitar has tremendous volume for it's size. It also has excellent sustain and projection, without sacrificing complexity of tone.

It is in excellent condition. There is the one tiny indent shown in the linked pictures and a couple of light scuffs/micro scratches if you scrutinize the guitar. Better condition than the majority of new instruments hanging in any music store.

Because the original listing has great quality pictures, I have simply linked to that listing. http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=350857

I believe all of that information is correct and the guitar remains in the exact same condition that I received it. One specification that may be incorrect in the original listing is the string spacing at the saddle, which I believe is closer to 2 5/16. Finger-stylists will love the extra space this nut and saddle spacing provides, and I found it easy to play with any style.

I've been asked how Zircote compares to Rosewood and I've decided to let a past post from highly skilled luthier Simon Fay answer for me.

Quote:
To my ears, Ziricote definitely falls in the Rosewood camp. Compared to Indian Rosewood, I have noticed Ziricote to have more resonance, depth, and shimmer... I personally like pairing it with a soundboard that has some warmth to it like German Spruce or Engelmann Spruce.
For those who are unfamiliar with Randall Kramer, he is very highly regarded in the luthier community. Well known and respected luthier Howard Klepper made the following comment about this guitar.

Quote:
Sparky builds great guitars, and this is a steal.
I recently started my first custom build so I need to free up some finances. I'm always wanting to try the next thing (unfortunately in some ways). It's actually counter-intuitive in many ways to sell a guitar you love to procure an unknown guitar that could miss the mark. In the same breath, it's also very exciting. In any event, this is your opportunity to get a great guitar at a great price. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by gstar; 12-09-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Default RK Guitar

What an absolutely beautiful instrument, I'll bet it plays and sounds wonderful!
B.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:41 PM

It sounds every bit as good as it looks. Someone will be very happy with this guitar. Thanks for looking.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Trades ?

Email on it way.

dgd
Old 10-25-2014, 09:56 PM

I'm not looking for trades. I need to sell to cover my next purchase, which I'm currently negotiating.

That said, it never hurts to throw an offer at me. Maybe I would change my mind on the current purchase. I'm not interested in cutaways, plastic bindings, or colored pickgaurds. They just don't appeal to me visually.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:08 PM

To the top.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:39 PM

Couple of trade offers, but primarily looking to sell.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Hard to find anything else out there that's this nice for this price. Bump it up for the evening crowd.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:17 PM

From what I can find, this guitar is a very good value at this price. All I can find for sale is a 2008 Honduran rosewood and 2012 Madagascar rosewood for $6600 and $6995 respectively. Bump to the top.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:43 PM

I've been asked how Zircote compares to Rosewood and I've decided to let a past post from highly skilled luthier Simon Fay answer for me.

"To my ears, Ziricote definitely falls in the Rosewood camp (as does Macassar Ebony). Compared to Indian Rosewood, I have noticed Ziricote to have more resonance, depth, and shimmer - a slightly more crystalline or "edgy" sound if you will. I personally like pairing it with a soundboard that has some warmth to it like German Spruce or Engelmann Spruce." Simon Fay
Old 11-02-2014, 05:58 AM

Sunday bump.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:50 PM

Bump to the top.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Bump to the top.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Bump it up.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:32 PM

For those who are not familiar with him, Randy is a top-notch builder.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars