The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-05-2002, 01:14 PM

Question Has anyone tried McPherson....

Just wondering if anyone out there has played or owned a McPherson. I have been somewhat curious about them and wonder what they're like. I've heard them played, not live, but on video, and they seem to have a rather bright sound to them. Also, I do know that Tacoma has the "D", off-set sound hole and is this a gimick, or does it really enhance the soundboard's qualities?

I had considered this type of guitar once, but am now happy with my Taylors of choice.

Bill B.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:22 PM

I don't know about McPherson, but I did try a Tacoma acoustic bass, and it was the loudest sounding acoustic bass I have tried yet (never tried a Taylor though). So the excentric sound might be a non-gimick, but I am still not sure. The way the soundhole is nearer to your ears might make it sound louder to you, but maybe not for the people in front of the guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification